Places we're curious about

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought we needed a thread on places we walk by, places we hear about, places we want feedback on without starting a thread about it (yet)...   So last night we walked by Lure Fishbar. I love the l

Walked by that newish place Turquoise on E. 81. Nice fish menu - lots of whole fish, and meditarannean stuff. Not wacky expensive, believe it or not. If they do all the fish well, might be nice. N

I went a few months ago. I liked the wings; the potato mochi are good if you don't mind the typical mochi texture. They're served with a sweetish sauce and lots of butter. The place really is small

Posted Images

Me too. I walked by it yesterday afternoon and it looked good. No menu up in the window to peruse. :rolleyes: But there was a sign up that said closed for private party tonight (meaning last night).

I called to find out what their hours are and was told 6pm - midnight.

Barça 18. The Steve Hanson/Eric Ripert restaurant opening shortly in the old Park Avalon space.

Or maybe not.

Park Avalon closed?? when??

I only noticed it was closed yesterday and I walk past it twice a day, so I'm guessing the weekend.

I was surprised as it always seemed packed.

Fatty Crab, the new Zac Pellacio place.

If only the name didn't remind me so much of Spongebob Squarepants (the crabby patty is the problem).

Park Avalon's main business was the pick-up bar scene. It also seemed to do well with its jazz brunches. I never went. Edit: No, not true, I did have a drink at the bar once, but can't remember why.

Barça 18. The Steve Hanson/Eric Ripert restaurant opening shortly in the old Park Avalon space.

Or maybe not.

BR Guest Restaurants sent out this blurb to their email subscriber list

Get Ready for Barça 18!

After 11 wonderful years, Park Avalon has closed its doors. B.R. Guest would like to thank all of our loyal guests who supported us. As sad as we are to see Park Avalon go, we think you’ll like what’s coming next…

B.R. Guest Restaurants has partnered with Chef Eric Ripert (who heads up the 4-star kitchen at Le Bernardin) to bring you Barça 18! Opening October 18th, Barça 18 will feature exciting Spanish cuisine (with Catalan and Mediterranean influences), tapas and an extensive Spanish wine list!

Join us for dinner at Barça 18 from October 18th – 24th or lunch from October 31st – November 6th and receive 20% off all food and beverage!

Guest Suzanne F

Who'da thunk that Spanish would be The Next Big Thing?? :rolleyes: I guess because it's next door to French and near Italian and sorta Mediterranean, only full of science experiments for a limited few, but not as weird as Portuguese (Clams and pork?!?! :o ).