Places we're curious about

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought we needed a thread on places we walk by, places we hear about, places we want feedback on without starting a thread about it (yet)...   So last night we walked by Lure Fishbar. I love the l

Walked by that newish place Turquoise on E. 81. Nice fish menu - lots of whole fish, and meditarannean stuff. Not wacky expensive, believe it or not. If they do all the fish well, might be nice. N

I went a few months ago. I liked the wings; the potato mochi are good if you don't mind the typical mochi texture. They're served with a sweetish sauce and lots of butter. The place really is small

Posted Images

Guest Suzanne F

The most exciting thing about Campbell Apt. (other than the prices, which made me hyperventilate :lol: ) is finding the elevator that takes you there. :wub:

It's a lovely space, though. They used to buy hors d'oeuvres from Dufour, don't know if they still do.

In answer to the question, another couple of questions: what type of function, what time of day?

You can also walk in from the former cab rack portico on Vanderbilt avenue west side of the building. I believe the Cipriani people have a fair weather tables area out there.

In through the double doors on the south end of the cab rack, and up a few steps on the right

Last time I was at Campbell Apartment it was kind of disappointing. The place looked tired and a little dingy. It smelled musty. The staff was rather apathetic and the Manhattan I ordered was mediocre.

It seems like this place has lost its sparkle, or maybe I was just there on an off night.

The most exciting thing about Campbell Apt. (other than the prices, which made me hyperventilate  :lol: ) is finding the elevator that takes you there.  :wub:

It's a lovely space, though. They used to buy hors d'oeuvres from Dufour, don't know if they still do.

In answer to the question, another couple of questions: what type of function, what time of day?

Some friends of mine are having a reception to celebrate the fact that they got hitched. (Slightly different from a wedding reception, if you know what I mean.) My friends are sort of laid back brooklyn writerly types, so I was assuming the dress code would be sort of cocktail/ironic. I was thinking plain cocktail dress (I wish I could find a brown silk one) with some flashy 40s costume jewelry.

I love the fact that it is in Grand Central Terminal. This is weird but I used to dream I could talk to the ceiling when I was a kid.

Bring an oxygen tank with you. It is a cigar bar. The last time I was there, which was some time ago because I do not love this place, my friend and I retreated to a sofa directly under the smoke-sucking device. We still almost choked to death.

And I usually have no problem with smoke and am in general very tolerant of smoking. And the friend I was with is a smoker herself!

Bring an oxygen tank with you.  It is a cigar bar.

Is this a new development? If so, it might explain its recent mustiness.

Curious. I was there about a year or so ago and I don't remember cigar smoke. Unlike Daisy I am not at all tolerant of smoking.

Is this a new development?  If so, it might explain its recent mustiness.

I don't think so. I was also last there about a year ago and the place was packed and a lot of people were smoking cigars. perhaps it was just the crowd on that particular occasion.