Korean cuisine

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have recipes for most of your list. The ones I don't have I can find good ones. BUT Korean cooking is not about ratios...

joo mul look is also the term for getting to second base with a chick because of the motion of rubbing the marinade into the meat? i

I don't if it's applied to getting to second base with a chick. It could be, makes sense that guys would talk that way.

"Joo mul luh" means "massage" "rub" sometimes in a good way, sometims not.

I'm taking pictures of my mom's pantry on Monday. She could open up a restaurant with the stuff she has at home. I have never been another Korean home that has much food.

I want to do correct transliterations of names though, so it'll take a little time.

If you give out your mom's bulgogi recipe - I'm reporting you at the next meeting.

Welcome to MF Ellen!!

She has a kimchi fridge, a storage fridge and a normal people fridge in the kitchen.

I took photos of her making napa cabbage kimchi which I will post in a couple of days.

Click on "active topics" to see which topics are moving along faster.

Thanks for the welcome! Nice to see my mom's house isn't the only triple fridge household, quadruple fridge if you count her wine fridge too.

I seem to remember a lot more banchan during my parents' younger days, but since all of us kids are grown, they eat out a lot more often. Does your mom make all that banchan? Back in the day, my mom, grandma and aunt would make tons of banchan and then distribute it among all of our families. Now we buy it from Queens.

She made everything on the table. Sometimes she does banchan exchanges with her friends. She goes to Korea at least once a month on business and brings back staples from there like gim, dried fish, fermented fish, red pepper flakes... She shops at the open air markets, likes to buy from small makers who specialize in specific things and her friends bring her things from rural areas.

scream, that looks fantastic.

i hope i'm not being too personal, but i was wondering if you could help me with some korean table manners, specifically at a bbq restaurant.

my wife and i are going friday to a korean bbq place, and i've always wondered about certain rules of etiquette.

how are the servings in the small dishes supposed to be shared? do you eat them by directly taking them from the dish to your mouth with chopsticks, or do you put a small amount on your tiny plate, one at a time to consume them. also are there different rules about this when dining with family and friends, as opposed to business associates?

kam sa ham ni dah, in advance.