Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where do baby corns come from?   all joking aside, are they just regular corn that's picked before it's grown?

Whenever a colleague says "Can I ask a stupid question?", I respond, "Can you ask any other kind?". Just one of the reasons I am universally loved.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Chemicals volatizing from the salt because of temperature? (Guessing.)

Posted Images

My name is Rona.

Why do people who don't really know me want to call me Ruth when they write to me?

Other than beginning with the same letter, having a vowel as the second letter and a consonant as the third letter, and having the same number of letters, there's really no similarity. . .

My name is Rona.

Why do people who don't really know me want to call me Ruth when they write to me?

Other than beginning with the same letter, having a vowel as the second letter and a consonant as the third letter, and having the same number of letters, there's really no similarity. . .

My name is Joan yet people routinely call me Helen or Karen. You're going from a 2 syllable name to people mistaking it for a 1 syllable name. I'm going from 1 to 2. At least your people get the first letter right. Mine aren't even in the ballpark!

My name is Rona.

I get Sarah, Susan, Stacy, etc., etc. all the time.

My name is Rona.

My name is Joan yet people routinely call me Helen or Karen. You're going from a 2 syllable name to people mistaking it for a 1 syllable name. I'm going from 1 to 2. At least your people get the first letter right. Mine aren't even in the ballpark!

If someone calls me the wrong name but it's a cool name, I'll just answer to it. If it makes them happy and it's a nice name, what's the big deal

My name is Rona.

If someone calls me the wrong name but it's a cool name, I'll just answer to it. If it makes them happy and it's a nice name, what's the big deal

Conversely, if it makes them look stupid, why should I try to change their ways?

My name is Rona.

Sure. You've got a pony. EVERYTHING'S cool.

My name is Rona.

My name is Neil and people often call me Ian, for reasons I cannot fathom. I used to work with a guy named Ian McNeil, which apparently confused everyone else in the office to the point that they all just operated on the assumption that we had the same name. Eventually we both just started responding whenever anyone used either name.

Is it reasonable to buy $200 worth of my favorite dental floss because it's been discontinued? Should I buy even more? How much = a lifetime supply?

I don't know, but if you think you bought one and then run out . . . :o

My name is Rona.

My name is Neil and people often call me Ian, for reasons I cannot fathom. I used to work with a guy named Ian McNeil, which apparently confused everyone else in the office to the point that they all just operated on the assumption that we had the same name. Eventually we both just started responding whenever anyone used either name.

My name is Brenda and I get either Linda or Barbara all the time.

My name is Rona.

Sure. You've got a pony. EVERYTHING'S cool.

when my nephew was in that kid phase where every sentence begins and ends with your name, i'd sometimes foul him up by not answering, no matter how many times he repeated my name and when he got really annoyed, i'd tell him that i'd changed my name earlier and didn't know that he was speaking to me. when he asked what my new name was, i'd refused to tell him or make it something so ridiculous that he'd refuse to use it.

and then we'd laugh and laugh...