Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where do baby corns come from?   all joking aside, are they just regular corn that's picked before it's grown?

Whenever a colleague says "Can I ask a stupid question?", I respond, "Can you ask any other kind?". Just one of the reasons I am universally loved.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Chemicals volatizing from the salt because of temperature? (Guessing.)

Posted Images

Yay! I knew someone had the excel knowledge out there. Thanks everyone!

BTW, I love excel because it can really do everything, but sometimes figuring out how to make it do what you want is really frustrating. Especially when you know that the functionality is there and you just cannot find it.

You should try FrameMaker some time.

good thought, but I tried changing the header and it's not what I'm looking for. What I really want is for the title of the columns to repeat at the top of each page. (As in, if you have 5 pages of people listed and columns name/age/school, the top row of every page would repeat the column titles of name/age/school). This happens on the screen if you "freeze panes", but when you print it out, the titles are still only on the first page.
Tamas,

It might be too late but this command is in page setup - sheet - rows to repeat at top - just go back to the sheet and click on the rows you want to repeat and they will be indicated.

good thought, but I tried changing the header and it's not what I'm looking for. What I really want is for the title of the columns to repeat at the top of each page. (As in, if you have 5 pages of people listed and columns name/age/school, the top row of every page would repeat the column titles of name/age/school). This happens on the screen if you "freeze panes", but when you print it out, the titles are still only on the first page.
Tamar,

It might be too late but this command is in page setup - sheet - rows to repeat at top - just go back to the sheet and click on the rows you want to repeat and they will be indicated.

Yup

File --> Page setup --> Sheet --> Rows to repeat

then you can either type in the row number (e.g., $1:$1) or highlight it in the spreadsheet and click OK.

I figured bleach would probably be the answer. It just looks so darn unattractive.

It's damned hard to find attractive looking bleach. Believe me, I've tried.

I find chlorine bleach to be relatively neutral in appearance. It's the nonchlorine that I have such trouble matching with the appropriate shade of blue.

I figured bleach would probably be the answer. It just looks so darn unattractive.

It's damned hard to find attractive looking bleach. Believe me, I've tried.

I find chlorine bleach to be relatively neutral in appearance. It's the nonchlorine that I have such trouble matching with the appropriate shade of blue.

Umm. And trying to alter its appearance with food coloring is counterproductive.

Why do so many people want to go out to restaurants on New Year's Eve? Everything expensive and crowded and the streets a mess. The last thing I want to do is go out.

The same is true on Valentine's Day.

The streets are not a mess on V-Day, nor are there hordes of drunk people everywhere. And transportation doesn't become the 9th circle of hell.

(Not that I feel any need to go out on V-Day, I'd much rather stay home and cuddle)

I was referring to restaurants and their "special menus." I wish I had a buck for every person who complained that they were ripped off ordering from one of those.

New Years Eve is amateur night for drinkers with predictable results. People should leave things like that to the professionals who train for it all year long. :angry:

Why do so many people NOT view doctors as service providers who provide a service and are paid by the patient to do so? In other words, why do so many people allow doctors to tell them what their only choices are, rather than doing (when reasonable) what the patient wants?

Because the concept of "service provider" itself is relatively new, and its extension to cover professions like the law and medicine very new indeed. I am not taking a position for or against it here, but - since it's a question you want answered - many people are still accustomed to regarding lawyers, doctors (maybe teachers) as dedicated and trusted counsellors rather than as merchants.