Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

Just throw out the damn thing. Put the pot in an opaque bag to keep it from "contaminating" anything else, and/or do the tossing just as the trash is being picked up so she can't run and pull it out. If she notices it's gone and asks about it, tell her the truth: you were afraid it would cause harm and you didn't want to poison her. (Well, of course sometimes you might, but that's beside the point here.)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where do baby corns come from?   all joking aside, are they just regular corn that's picked before it's grown?

Whenever a colleague says "Can I ask a stupid question?", I respond, "Can you ask any other kind?". Just one of the reasons I am universally loved.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Chemicals volatizing from the salt because of temperature? (Guessing.)

Posted Images

Just throw out the damn thing. Put the pot in an opaque bag to keep it from "contaminating" anything else, and/or do the tossing just as the trash is being picked up so she can't run and pull it out. If she notices it's gone and asks about it, tell her the truth: you were afraid it would cause harm and you didn't want to poison her. (Well, of course sometimes you might, but that's beside the point here.)

If Prasantrin does that (and I think it's a good idea) she ought to replace it at the same time with a similar or better pot.

Replacement depends on how much the pot is/was used in the normal scheme of things. If there's no other equipment in the kitchen that can be used for the same functions, yes, replace. But if it's rarely used, no need. You're not suggesting she replace it to hide the fact that she's tossed it, I hope.

[Can't you tell that I'm in the midst of jettisoning stuff? ;) Going through clothes closets today, or rather I was, and will be again when I stop this foolishness..]

Thanks for the suggestions. She does have a slightly larger pot (purchased by me eons ago), but I think this pot belonged to her mother. My mother is a pack rat and anything even of mildly sentimental value is kept forever and a day. I suspect I will have to throw it in the trash on garbage day, just before the garbage truck comes around. I can actually imagine her keeping it as a flower pot, just so she could have it nearby (it does not leak, it's just that the bottom most plate(?) is coming off).

Back in the late, late 90s or early aughts a domain name was registered for the firm. Not a single person still here remembers with whom. How can I research this and thereby avoid the no doubt massive annoyance of the registration expiring?

Is there a way to tell if a squash will taste good before buying it?

Not really, but you can look for ripeness, which would help. An acorn squash, for example, should not be a solid dark green, but should have some orange markings on it. An orange squash, like a pumpkin, should not have any greenish spots. Sometimes there is a spot on a squash that shows where it was sitting on the ground. It should be yellowish, not greenish.

Ah. Does one have substantially more health benefits than the other?

I prefer fast, but if cracked wheat is much more healthful (more fiber, more bio-available nutrients), then I might be willing to swing that way.

I don't know, but I would guess they're about the same. I know that parboiled rice actually has more vitamins than regular white rice.