Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where do baby corns come from?   all joking aside, are they just regular corn that's picked before it's grown?

Whenever a colleague says "Can I ask a stupid question?", I respond, "Can you ask any other kind?". Just one of the reasons I am universally loved.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Chemicals volatizing from the salt because of temperature? (Guessing.)

Posted Images

The book is worth reading, by the way. The Amboy Dukes, I mean. It's published for an audience looking to be shocked by the juvenile delinquent problem, but the author knows his stuff. He recreates the neighborhood around Rockaway, Sutter and Pitkin, and the kids' dialogue really sparkles. The book gets wooden when he has to introduce authority figures like police, youth group leaders, etc. By Irving Shulman and probably easy to pick up cheap online.

Shulman also did the screenplay adaption of Rebel Without A Cause.

And the book version of West Side Story.

I can tell you MFX and Eataly are going to be strikeouts.

I think really you'll have to wait until spring

Hmmm . . . then maybe he'll have to go with the jarred stuff. Not sure who would have that. Williams-Sonoma? Citarella? Fairway (again)? One of the new places in Brooklyn?

we just had a back and forth with our landlord about our new rent. they are getting an additional $30 a month instead of the $45 they initially asked for.

I got an from them that said "please know that this is a courtesy increase." am I supposed to know what that means? they're orthodox jews and their grammar isn't always perfect but the email does read like courtesy increase is supposed to mean something to me.

we just had a back and forth with our landlord about our new rent. they are getting an additional $30 a month instead of the $45 they initially asked for.

I got an from them that said "please know that this is a courtesy increase." am I supposed to know what that means? they're orthodox jews and their grammar isn't always perfect but the email does read like courtesy increase is supposed to mean something to me.

dude, you got a $15 discount on your rent increase, don't be such a bitch about it. ;) send a thank you note.

Not really hopeful about this, but let me throw it out there. I have an artwork which is painted on both sides. To frame it, I need a "recto verso" frame,--you see them in museums where they need to show both sides of an artwork or manuscript.

Can't find any online: are they known by another name here?

It might be easier to buy two identical frames, rip the backs off, and glue them together. Anyway, suggestions would be appreciated.