Tamar G

Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

Yes, the one we have now is to code, but is also really powerful...it's a Hansgrohe.

that's what i have. hansgrohe 2.5 gm

There's no way my spouse will ever agree to spending that kind of money on a shower head.

It's funny but the favorite shower head in our family, 3 houses, is one in our weekend place.    An el cheapo, but great water pressure.    Try to change it and your get 90% objections.  

Yes, the one we have now is to code, but is also really powerful...it's a Hansgrohe.

that's what i have. hansgrohe 2.5 gm

There's no way my spouse will ever agree to spending that kind of money on a shower head.

That's why you don't tell him - just order it, have it installed, and be done with it.

• Like 1

I lucked out by picking Royal Siam Thai Cuisine, in Chelsea, for a friend's affordably neighborhood-y birthday dinner. Despite Yelpers sniping about food and service (though it was admittedly hard to find the Thai dishes among all the sushi in the badly designed menu), the staff were friendly and fast on their feet, and cheerily presented the cake our gang of fifteen had brought, no extra charge. Separate checks, too. I enjoyed a tiki-esque blue cocktail and some hearty Thai standards. 

One weird item on the sushi side of the menu, though, that I didn't try, had not heard of before, and cannot now find online: a "dragon egg" of spicy-tuna-filled avocado wrapped in crab stick and then, if I read it right, fried. Does this exist anywhere else? Or even there -- maybe I imagined it after drinking the blue.

I did some chicken breasts recently that came out very tough. I butterflied the, dusted with flour, sautéed in olive oil, removed, made a quick pan sauce. They tasted good and didn’t seem over cooked. But they were a bit rubbery and tough. This happens Avery now and then. Is it just the piece of bird, or am I doing some wrong? (They were not previously frozen.)

What do you do with lemons when you only need the zest?  I zested 10 last night, and I hate to throw them away.  I figured at the very least I should juice them and freeze the juice.  Can I confit them without the zest?

So my Seattle-based sister's 13-year-old twin nieces, who are rabid soccer players and fans as you well know, have email accounts and totally out of the blue, without having communicated with them in months, I just received my first ever email from them

How wonderful !

What do they have to share with me about their lives ? Can they even write right ?

So many questions ... so little time ... so excited was I ... that I clicked immediately

I am going to show you their email and I'm curious how you might have responded to this ... note that I have already responded but I'm just curious to solicit the opinion of others to see what you might have done ... and to see if my response is pretty much your response

So how would you respond to such an email with the subject being "Raffle Tickets" ...

Hello Favorite Uncle,

How are you? As you know, E and I play soccer for the best soccer club in Washington, Pacific Northwest Soccer Club (PAC). We are extremely enjoying it and are gaining so much knowledge. PAC is doing a raffle to raise money for new equipment and club scholarships. Because we are players, we must sell tickets to raise money. If you win, you will receive a 2020 Subaru Outback. The tickets are $20 and we would really appreciate it if our Favorite Uncle would help. Oh, and by the way, Aunt K has purchased five. Are you really going to let her contribute more than you? She also said that if she won the car, she would give it to us. Please let us know.

Thanks again,
A and E

Give them all your pennies.

That would be awful generous indeed ... but not such a good idea ... just think about the shipping costs !

And I could save a few bucks by giving them the keys to a couple billion in bitcoin ... it's a real option but I'm not sure it's the wise one ... because it may take away some of their motivation to follow their hearts and passions and excel in life ... so I'm hesitant