Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where do baby corns come from?   all joking aside, are they just regular corn that's picked before it's grown?

Whenever a colleague says "Can I ask a stupid question?", I respond, "Can you ask any other kind?". Just one of the reasons I am universally loved.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Chemicals volatizing from the salt because of temperature? (Guessing.)

Posted Images

I'll answer, since I have neither a suburban home, a kid, a grill, or taco meat.

However, if I had a backyard, I'd have both a charcoal grill and something quick and easy as Bonner suggests.

For charcoal, probably a classic Weber, to use for smoking as well.

Actually, if I had a backyard I'd probably have a great charcoal grill, a gas grill just in case, a smoker, and a big green egg.

And an Ooni.

5 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

I'll answer, since I have neither a suburban home, a kid, a grill, or taco meat.

However, if I had a backyard, I'd have both a charcoal grill and something quick and easy as Bonner suggests.

For charcoal, probably a classic Weber, to use for smoking as well.

Actually, if I had a backyard I'd probably have a great charcoal grill, a gas grill just in case, a smoker, and a big green egg.

And an Ooni.

i just recently saw a vintage hibachi for sale. the kind that the big green egg is modeled on. i swooned a little then remembered i'd need a backyard

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stone said:

So, if you made a big batch of chili, taco meat or something like that, and the leftovers were sitting in the fridge for three days, and you thought it was getting to be time to toss them, can you put it on the stove and bring it back to a simmer in order to restart the clock?

Reheating after three days is called infant mortality in our kitchen.   

I now live in the suburbs. I’m picking up a used 22” Weber Smokey Mountain smoker (redundant?) tomorrow.   I have to decide between the $1300 Weber gas grill (which seems to be in everyone’s backyard) and the $400 Performer.   The charcoal doesn’t take significantly longer to start than the gas - the gas still needs to warm up the grill a bit. And the charcoal gets a better seat, from what I read.  But i’ll have to deal with the ashes.  Although i’ll sabe about $1000, which is good because I have no money left. 
the kid is worthless.  

(I know what you’re thinking.  Didn’t you already have an 18” WSM and a 22” WSM and a new Performer?  Yes…. Yes I did. )

If you just want to cook dinner, gas is probably the way to go.   A mid-century version of a cast iron hibachi served us well.

Husband "husbanded" charcoal by quenching coals after a cook, getting a second use out of them.    I loved this sweet little grill, but it seems son made off with it last year.    We still have a small Weber that has none of the conviviality and convenience of sitting on the end of the table for grill to plate service.