Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where do baby corns come from?   all joking aside, are they just regular corn that's picked before it's grown?

Whenever a colleague says "Can I ask a stupid question?", I respond, "Can you ask any other kind?". Just one of the reasons I am universally loved.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Chemicals volatizing from the salt because of temperature? (Guessing.)

Posted Images

We have acquired two fruit-bearing cherry trees. Most of the fruit is up high and it is ready to pick. Without climbing, what's the best way to get the goods? Is there such a thing as a manual cherry picker (that isn't an actual man)? Or should we try rigging one with a fishing net or lacrosse stick, etc.,?
There are different kinds of fruit pickers out there; not sure how they do with cherries:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?...at=2,2120,33277

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.j...rentPage=family

I'm looking for suggestions for using up the cooked remains -- 5 chops -- of a rack of venison (besides eating the chops cold). I'd rather not cook the meat more, since it came out a perfect rare (in spite of my instant-read showing 145º :D ) .

Make a shepherd's pie (gillie's pie?) using Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's recipe. It works very well with left over roast meat.

We have acquired two fruit-bearing cherry trees. Most of the fruit is up high and it is ready to pick. Without climbing, what's the best way to get the goods? Is there such a thing as a manual cherry picker (that isn't an actual man)? Or should we try rigging one with a fishing net or lacrosse stick, etc.,?

i would suggest turning them upside down. then the cherries will be near the ground and you can just bend down and grab 'em.

i would suggest turning them upside down. then the cherries will be near the ground and you can just bend down and grab 'em.

An alternative would be to grab the low-hanging fruit.

I don't know if I can ask this without starting a political discussion, but I'll try. Just as a matter of constitutional law, does the Vice President need to be a natural born American citizen? Or is there simply an issue that, if he or she were not, they could not succeed to the Presidency should it fall vacant? I assume there are no rules about Supreme Court judges or Majority Leaders being natural born Americans, even though - as a matter of constitutional theory - they are in line for the White House?

Ta.

I don't know if I can ask this without starting a political discussion, but I'll try. Just as a matter of constitutional law, does the Vice President need to be a natural born American citizen? Or is there simply an issue that, if he or she were not, they could not succeed to the Presidency should it fall vacant? I assume there are no rules about Supreme Court judges or Majority Leaders being natural born Americans, even though - as a matter of constitutional theory - they are in line for the White House?

Ta.

If you're planning to run for office, you'll have to tone down the Latin references.

Something tells me that you may have been speculating about Bloomberg - Swarchenegger.

Yes, the VP must be a natural born citizen. The VP has the exact same eligibility requirements as the President.

Amendment 12 to the Constitution states, among other things:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Also, from Wikipedia, the definitive source;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_Presiden...e_United_States

To depart momentarily from lofty issues, my little munchkin dropped her cookies in the back seat of my car. I've done the dreary job of cleaning up the stuff, but there is this lingering parfum de barf. Any thoughts on how to remove/reduce this?

To depart momentarily from lofty issues, my little munchkin dropped her cookies in the back seat of my car. I've done the dreary job of cleaning up the stuff, but there is this lingering parfum de barf. Any thoughts on how to remove/reduce this?

My daughter made a similar gift to the backseat of my car 20 years ago. I tried lots of things but on humid days the odor would return. My son said it smelled like dead crabs. I had that car for another 5 years and the phantom crabs always rode with me.

You might want to try the cat pee remover - Nature's Miracle. The stuff is very effective on urine so it would be worth a try. Note that it sometimes can discolor fabrics so you might want to try a test patch first.