Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

"they" say that often when we are hungry, we are actually thirsty and that a big bunch of water will do the trick. not in lieu of dinner but perhaps at a late afternoon down time when you start to sink. or that's what tea time is for....

• Like 6
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where do baby corns come from?   all joking aside, are they just regular corn that's picked before it's grown?

Whenever a colleague says "Can I ask a stupid question?", I respond, "Can you ask any other kind?". Just one of the reasons I am universally loved.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Chemicals volatizing from the salt because of temperature? (Guessing.)

A doctor friend once told me that most hunger pangs are related to food allergies and/or insulin imbalances, rather than actual hunger.

And, I read somewhere that a good test of true hunger is to drink a glass of water and wait 30 minutes. If you still feel hungry at the end of the wait, then you really are hungry.

It's an interesting idea, anyway. I have no idea if it's true.

I asked because this morning I felt really hungry by around 10:30. I ignored it, and suprisingly to me, the feeling passed.

It's now 12:45 and I'm feeling hungry again, but not nearly as hungry as I felt at 10:30. Mind you, I'm not pushing the much further, today at least. I have a mortadella sandwich at Buon Italia calling my name.

I assume blood sugar/insulin levels can interfere with the stomach hormone. For example, the more beer one drinks, the hungrier one gets, despite stomach being stretched to bursting point.

I feel hungry now, and am debating between a big glass of water and lunch.

I assume blood sugar/insulin levels can interfere with the stomach hormone. For example, the more beer one drinks, the hungrier one gets, despite stomach being stretched to bursting point.

I feel hungry now, and am debating between a big glass of water and lunch.

Why not a big glass of beer and lunch? Just a thought. And a tempting one.

And, I read somewhere that a good test of true hunger is to drink a glass of water and wait 30 minutes. If you still feel hungry at the end of the wait, then you really are hungry.

Drink six pints of lager and wait 30 minutes. If you still feel hungry at the end of the wait, go for a chicken vindaloo.

The British way of life in a nutshell.

I asked because this morning I felt really hungry by around 10:30. I ignored it, and suprisingly to me, the feeling passed.

It's now 12:45 and I'm feeling hungry again, but not nearly as hungry as I felt at 10:30. Mind you, I'm not pushing the much further, today at least. I have a mortadella sandwich at Buon Italia calling my name.

It does pass- the same thing happens to me. As I'm ready for my next meal I get hungrier and hungrier, until some breaking point where I simply stop feeling hungry. I exhibit other signs of low blood sugar like headaches or shaky hands, but I don't actually feel hungry. Any one who has fasted should have experienced this.

What did you eat for breakfast?

breakfast definitely matters. protein at breakfast will keep you going much longer than stirring up the hunger juices with certain carbs (ie sugar).....

at weight watchers they tell you that a craving will usually not last more than 2o minutes, so if you really, really want something that it might be best not to have - wait out the 2o and if it's really not passed, then go for it. i think that throw in a little A.D.D. and you won't remember that you wanted it as you'll be busy with a whole new thing.

not for me; it basically doesn't matter what i eat for breakfast -- i'm hungry again at 10. left to my own devices, most days i'd snack at ten, eat lunch at 1, graze until 4, and then have a snack at dinnertime or before bedtime.

i think i'll call it the "food and the inexorable march of time" diet -- what you think?

I had oatmeal at 7:30ish, though some bites were stolen by the toddler. But I was up at 4:45, though not out of bed up, but how you say, up-ish. Playful cats, of course of course.

I was frankly surprised that I managed to make it til 1ish. The one serving of oatmeal is under 200 calories! Luxury!