Clueless questions II (The Ones You Really Want Answered)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where do baby corns come from?   all joking aside, are they just regular corn that's picked before it's grown?

Whenever a colleague says "Can I ask a stupid question?", I respond, "Can you ask any other kind?". Just one of the reasons I am universally loved.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Chemicals volatizing from the salt because of temperature? (Guessing.)

Posted Images

Doesn't stop them using all their other words, does it?

Canapes, and increasingly hors d'oeuvres, being dumbed down to appetizers (by the great unwashed, ill-educated, spotty, etc etc...), or even worse - upgraded to tapas.

Canapes, and increasingly hors d'oeuvres, being dumbed down to appetizers (by the great unwashed, ill-educated, spotty, etc etc...), or even worse - upgraded to tapas.

you're talking about chunks of pineapple and cheddar on toothpicks, right?

Had you paid close enough attention to the works of Mike Leigh you would realize that those are correctly called "nibbles".

Had you paid close enough attention to the works of Mike Leigh you would realize that those are correctly called "nibbles".

actually, I think these days people are referring to them as tapas. And just to piss Wilfrid off they are charging a lot of money for them.

• 2 weeks later...
Can rice go bad? Been simmering some wild variety for nearly an hour now and it's showing no intention of absorbing anything.

Wild rice (it's really a grass, right?) can be a toughie (pardon the really bad pun).

Did it ever cook?

I've found that soaking it for an hour or two and then cooking it for almost another hour allows it to break free from its husk a little more easily.

Can rice go bad? Been simmering some wild variety for nearly an hour now and it's showing no intention of absorbing anything.

Wild rice (it's really a grass, right?) can be a toughie (pardon the really bad pun).

Did it ever cook?

I've found that soaking it for an hour or two and then cooking it for almost another hour allows it to break free from its husk a little more easily.

Toughie, indeed.

It finally gave in after about an hour and a quarter. But still quite to the tooth, doncha know.