I LOVE MY JOB/I HATE MY JOB

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today, I love my job   Just received an advance of a book I have been working on for over a year   The crispness of the pages and the cover along with the quality of what is on the inside gives me

John Grisham's 'The King of Torts' explains Ron's clients excellently. Anny

I like pi.

However, my boss makes me work every day with hardly ever a day off.  :lol:

Oh, wait . . . that's me.  :lol:

I know just what you mean. My boss is exactly the same kind of horrible slavedriver.

Same here. But my boss also makes me hot tea every morning, plays all the music I want to listen to, and lets me eat lunch whenever I want to...at my desk!

Guest Suzanne F

Lunch? Your boss lets you eat lunch??? Jeez, are you lucky! Mine just lets me go into the kitchen to check the labels of the cans for standard measurements, then forces me back to my desk with nothing but a handful of cashews. And maybe a piece of mozzarella. Or an LU "Le Fondant" or Petit Beurre. Or the leftovers from last night's braised duck with turnips and carrots and cippoline.

But lunch? Sigh. Never.

It's true that my boss does make me cook dinner for her. But we eat together...sometimes at my desk!

I'm starting to feel like Patty Duke. But I bet Suzanne adores the minuet, the Ballet Russe, the Crèpes Suzette...

A hot dog does not make me lose control. I just want that on the record.

Since I'm new here, I'll start with the big picture, then work my way to daily likes and dislikes....

Old job: manager of refinery economics and planning for a big oil company.

Good pay (though underpaid) treated like shit by ignorant management

New job: chemistry teacher in a NYC public school

I figure I make 78 cents per student per period. But I really like teaching and am very happy I decided to make the transition.

--mh

Since I'm new here, I'll start with the big picture, then work my way to daily likes and dislikes....

Old job: manager of refinery economics and planning for a big oil company.

Good pay (though underpaid) treated like shit by ignorant management

New job: chemistry teacher in a NYC public school

I figure I make 78 cents per student per period.  But I really like teaching and am very happy I decided to make the transition.

--mh

Hiya, dude, nice to see you fleshing out your posts! (I don't get to the NYC forum that diligently.)

I'm starting to feel like Patty Duke. But I bet Suzanne adores the minuet, the Ballet Russe, the Crèpes Suzette...

At times you even talk alike. I could lose my mind.

(laughing)Just watched "Valley of the Dolls" on television tonight. Delicious, but I couldn't get "The Patty Duke Show" song out of my mind. It was seared on the brain while watching it as a kid..

And Sharon Tate! Woof!

Over a bitch session at lunch today, I found out from coworkers that raises are not only not done at the same time as performance reviews (which I knew already), but they're not automatic and not even necessarily tied to work goals or the company's financial health. Rather, they're almost given at a whim, meaning it seems to not matter what kind of job you do. Couple that with a supervisor who doesn't involve herself in the department, and you have one depressed editor.

Tuesday the boss is leading a department meeting. This oughta be interesting.

today, my job was great, becasue I worked with two architects and a client on plans to transform a circa 1860 7000sq ft farmhouse, divided into two units, back to its original glory. The client has already bought the home, we're waiting to close, and I'm only involved in that part of the transaction...but I was delighted to be invited to the conference today, I learned a lot about maintaining and restoring the integrity of a historic home.

I'll work until August 1 in real estate, then take my annual 4 month leave of absence to work the campaigns...this year it will be the NJ gubernatorial..that's when every day is exciting and fulfilling...I just wish it had the paycheck to correpond to how muck I enjoy it.

Over a bitch session at lunch today, I found out from coworkers that raises are not only not done at the same time as performance reviews (which I knew already), but they're not automatic and not even necessarily tied to work goals or the company's financial health. Rather, they're almost given at a whim, meaning it seems to not matter what kind of job you do.

Except for the editor part, this could be where I work... :lol:

Flyfish