I LOVE MY JOB/I HATE MY JOB

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today, I love my job   Just received an advance of a book I have been working on for over a year   The crispness of the pages and the cover along with the quality of what is on the inside gives me

John Grisham's 'The King of Torts' explains Ron's clients excellently. Anny

I like pi.

I'll work until August 1 in real estate, then take my annual 4 month leave of absence to work the campaigns...this year it will be the NJ gubernatorial..that's when every day is exciting and fulfilling...I just wish it had the paycheck to correpond to how muck I enjoy it.

Thats everyone's dream, isn't it? A special few can live that dream but just a few. Some, however, are not even able to identify what that endeavor would be and others just do not have the flexibility in their lives to pursue it.

My old firm shitcanned the guy who caused me to resign. Now they want me to come back. :(

That happened to me once--I was offered the job of the devious bitch who had several months earlier engineered my firing. Makes you feel goood, even if you have no desire to ever go back.

My old firm shitcanned the guy who caused me to resign. Now they want me to come back. :(

Isn't that a good feeling? Also, nice use of "shitcan," a much under-used word in my opinion.

I went in to meet the crew at my new job yesterday. Lo and behold, the spanking-new sous chef is a dude I went to culinary school with. Have yet to figure out if this is a good or a bad thing.

My old firm shitcanned the guy who caused me to resign.  Now they want me to come back.  :(

Do you want to? It sounds like you are doing so well on your own.

It's a tough decision. I had my best year ever as a solo, but practicing on your own ain't easy. Plus, I miss working on the really big medmal and products cases.

They are going to make me an offer this afternoon. It would have to be significantly better than my previous arrangement there to make me come back.

My old firm shitcanned the guy who caused me to resign.  Now they want me to come back.   :(

Do you want to? It sounds like you are doing so well on your own.

It's a tough decision. I had my best year ever as a solo, but practicing on your own ain't easy. Plus, I miss working on the really big medmal and products cases.

They are going to make me an offer this afternoon. It would have to be significantly better than my previous arrangement there to make me come back.

On the other hand, look at David Boies (author of Courting Justice). He left his firm and now his own firm has steadily increased to about 200 lawyers.

You might also consider partnering with another lawyer. I know plenty of lawyers who have done this. You share the costs and you still have someone to talk to but still are your own boss for the most part. On the other hand, this might be easier for other types of law. I'm no lawyer, but sounds like you do insurance lit, which lends itself to big firms for obvious reasons.

--like I said, I'm no lawyer, so I could be wrong. For instance, uh, trial atty?