djk

cheeses i've recently tried

Hmmm, the Boucheron I had didn't taste or look mass-produced. I'll have to ask them about that.

I wish I could eat some cheese right now, but I'm coughing up auto parts with the cold Logie brought home. I'm weak as a kitten.

• Like 11

Eating as lunch right now:

Somerdale Red Dragon, mature Welsh cheddar cheese with wholegrain mustard seed and ale.

I toasted some pepperoni in the oven, blotted and assembled the cheese slices on Ritz crackers.

Yum.

I should have purchased a larger wedge.

Hm, cheese. I think wandering upstairs for a nibble of Boucheron or Stilton right now would be an excellent work-avoidance tactic. Just the thing.

Rolf whatsisname's Appenzeller. Very, yes, complex! From Murray's. Along with a Comte called Saint Antoine which was on sale, and I can see why. :wub:

Rolf whatsisname's Appenzeller. Very, yes, complex! From Murray's. Along with a Comte called Saint Antoine which was on sale, and I can see why. :wub:

Beeler

The Colson Bassett Stilton and Delice de Bourgogne from Murray's I tasted on Saturday.

YES!!!!!!!

All the cheeses were wonderful. The Stilton was a standout, though.

Guest Aaron T

I was fortunate to try a wonderfully pungent blue from Murray's called Persille de Malzieu this weekend and it was most excellent. Watch out for it and devour it on sight!

I was fortunate to share some of Aaron's Persille de Malzieu and am happy to confirm that it is devourable. I hadn't had it before but do hope to have it again. Between this and the fine specimen of stinky, tangy Berkshire Blue I had last night, it has been a great weekend for blue cheese.

Cravanzina, the La Tur sister - i had it yesterday for dinner, dreamed about last night, and then had leftoevrs with my morning cofee.

Le Lingot du Quercy tonight, also quite nice - in fact i'll go and get the second serving, on a good sourdough from some local bakery!

I just ate Mahon from Spain. I bought a wedge from Costco, thinking, what the hell? It was great, very buttery and butch at the same time.