NYC Lobster Rolls

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you know, you buy two of these and you certainly have a lot more lobster than a $28 roll. So science supports Luke's.

I dunno.

2113405665_85471f6cab_o.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of lobster but I could've done without some of the "filler" -- including the mayo.

Otherwise was quite good iirc.

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of lobster but I could've done without some of the "filler" -- including the mayo.

Is that one from Luke's? Really looks like lobster abuse to me.

Nope. It's the one I had when I went to Tides during my first visit.

Oh, I see what you mean by your confusion. The lobster roll Wilfie pictures looks quite small in comparison to the Tides one. IIRC the Tides version was HUGE, and paired with the yuca chips, it was a meal in itself. Actually, they could've served me 1/4 as much chips and I'd have been happy. The roll was quite rich (that brioche bun must've been slathered with butter -- and this coming from a hobbit with a legendary appetite).

• 2 weeks later...

luke's had a very popular stand at the new amsterdam market today and i tried the lobster again, as well as the crab and shrimp. since it was close enough to bring home, the meat got less cold and with a little tarragon added to some their mayo, it was better - plus i didn't have to jockey for space with NYU students. good amount of lobster and lots of claws but i still wouldn't mind a bit more bun with all the seafood, even more so with the overflowing shrimp and crab. so shoot me, i like my carbs.

"Too much lobster" is a very amusing problem to have with a lobster roll.

it's not "too much lobster" - it's "not enough bun for the lobster" ;)

You should have gotten the sample sized lobster with the full sized bun :lol:

I think once they kick out Organic Valley, and offer a little bit less free tastings, it's going to be a fine market.