Cafe Lago (Dinner at 8)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o You're very welcome, I enjoyed my first organizing foray!

It was wonderful meeting everyone last night, and seeing SeaGal and White Lotus again. You're all so nice and welcoming!

Carla, thank you for our little extras! So sorry you couldn't get out of pizza-making duty to sit with us a spell, but we so loved your food!

Wendy, in honor of finally meeting you, I re-read your Blog this a.m. with my cappuccino! Can't wait for my Lago leftovers either! :o

Cheers,

Yes thanks Carolyn for organizing & Carla for the lovely dinner & the GREAT rice pudding cake!!!!

Lago is now on my list of places to go back to. And of course while I'm in the neighborhood I'll visit the cute antiques store down the block with it's fun selection of old kitchen equipment!

Abra & I briefly discussed Lago's Lasagne on the Dinner at 8 thread

Leslie and Eden, you are in for a major treat.  If you only eat one lasagne before you die, it oughta be at Lago.
and you've tried the lasagne at La Spiga? It's my favorite in Seattle, but I'm always happy to try others...

Eden

I haven't been to La Spiga yet, so I'll be interested to hear your comparison, Eden. But one order of Lago lasagne and one pizza makes a perfect sharing meal for two, and the antipasto misto is fabulous.

Having now tried both, they are VERY similar. Both have the incredible light pasta and simple ricotta filling that I associate with Roman home cooked lasagne :o the only real difference is in the sauce; Lago's sauce is a bit sweeter, La Spiga's a bit more savory. Which you prefer will be based entirely on personal preference for sauce style. so if you haven't already, the rest of you need to try TWO lasagnes before you die :o

Thanks, Carolyn, for putting this together. It was great to meet you and I look forward to getting a chance to talk with you soon.

Thanks, Carla, for allowing us to take up so much room on a very busy night! Everything was great and much appreciated.

Lauren

Great evening, wonderful food....the leftover meatballs and fettucine made a tasty breakfast :o

Thanks to Carolyn for arranging and Carla for her pizza magic and the amazing rice pudding cake (also really loved the panna cotta :o ).

It was great to see everyone, as usual.

On my one hour drive home, my 17 year old who has been trying to be a raw foodist smelled the leftovers and had to try them. She loved the delicate pasta and sauce and declared the meatballs the best meatballs a vegetarian could eat if they were eating meatballs. Of course, the leftover rice pudding cake went over well at home as well.

There was a hole at the table where Rocky should have been, we missed you... Best wishes for Dani in feeling better. Leslie, you were missed too. Carla, it was great finally getting to meet you. Thanks for all the extras. My family and I will be in again soon. Carolyn, bravo for your success in a first time MF social gathering endeavor. More to come i hope... Always a pleasure to spend an evenings with MF folks.

:o wl

Rats, it sounds like we missed something nice by having to leave early. The ferry is a strict parent, when it comes to getting home on time. I'll just echo everone's exclamations that it was a delicous dinner - I'm only sorry that all of you at the other end of the table were so far away.

That rice pudding cake...I wish I had some now!

Is Dani ok?

On my one hour drive home, my 17 year old who has been trying to be a raw foodist smelled the leftovers and had to try them. She loved the delicate pasta and sauce and declared the meatballs the best meatballs a vegetarian could eat if they were eating meatballs.

There are few things in this world I enjoy more than seeing a vegetarian corrupted! :o

Thursday was a busy night, but the Mouthfuls group added so much happiness and laughter that it was contagious throughout Lago. What could be better for me than lots of hungry people having great fun in my place? My only regret of course was that I had noooo time to sit and have (a few) glasses of wine with everyone.

Thanks Carolyn for organizing it all!

And Abra, your raspberry liquor is fabulous!

Thanks again and again!

Carla