• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the Fall Preview issue of New York magazine, and there's a profile of Batali's new Meatpacking District place, Del Posto.     More Fall Preview food stuff

Actually hiring their CdC did

Wow. I don't disbelieve you in any way but those rates are pretty unbelievable.

I prefer the thump-thump to unironic tinkly Muzak. But that's what makes horse racing.

I think we all agree, though, that at a restaurant purporting to be at the level this one shoots for, ANY music is wrong wrong wrong.

That's my problem with the band at Sammy's.

• 5 months later...

"It’s rare to see chef changes at the very highest end of the restaurant food chain, if only because the head chefs are often equity partners in their restaurants. Ladner tells the Times that wasn’t the case at Del Posto, and he hopes the new concept will scratch his ownership itch".

This surprised me. Do you think that this is more common than folks assume(d) &/or a Batali practice in general?

Wow.

I have great respect his pasta making skills, but if someone plans to serve "Nourishing, gluten-free Italian pasta bowls: the warmth of Grandm"a’s cooking in a family-friendly, ready-to-eat ramen shop setting." then either he's nuts or trying to simultaneously exploit as many trends as possible.

Wow.

I have great respect his pasta making skills, but if someone plans to serve "Nourishing, gluten-free Italian pasta bowls: the warmth of Grandm"a’s cooking in a family-friendly, ready-to-eat ramen shop setting." then either he's nuts or trying to simultaneously exploit as many trends as possible.

still for as long as he can stay open i'll be happy to eat there on my carb eating days

• 1 year later...

Dinner in one of Del Posto's wine cellars.  Lobster in a gently spicy chili oil.  Agnolotti with Swiss chard.  Gigli verde with pork and veal bolognese.  Very good chicken with mushrooms and truffle juice. Olive oil cake, olive oil gelato.  All very polished.  

• 1 year later...