Where to buy stuff around Seattle

Anyone know where I can get precooked vaccuum-packed chestnuts besides DeLaurentis?

eta - I don't actually care about the vaccuum packed part, that's just how I usually see them sold...

I've bought them at Chef Shop before. Are they still on Elliott Ave?

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw this topic as a thread for another city and thought it was a brillitant idea rather than having a new thread every time someone needs some quick help finding something...   like me right now

We have grits. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. There weren't any in the bulk foods at Rainbow Grocery or Broadway QFC, but Matthew found Albers Quick Grits at QFC. We've been eating them up, a

Pretty sure that's not it, but it's good to know there's a new Persian Grocery Store in that area. I still miss Pars Market - they were wonderful!

Anyone know where I can get precooked vaccuum-packed chestnuts besides DeLaurentis?

eta - I don't actually care about the vaccuum packed part, that's just how I usually see them sold...

I've always gotten them at PFI.

anywhere besides PFI for gelatin sheets?

Margaret says she saw them at DeLaurenti's the other day.

• 2 months later...

Uwajimaya has Snake River Farms kurobuta boneless pork shoulder roasts for about 3.89 lb, irrc. They looked nicely marbled. I asked the guy behind the counter and he said they were carrying it regularly as well as ground pork, but no chops at this point.

anyone have a good source for edible flowers? I need more than is reasonable to buy in the little plastic packets from the grocery store, and even buying direct from Herbco it's $15 for 50 flowers, which adds up fast, and maybe that's the best I'm going to find, but I figured it was worth checking to see if anyone else had another source...

anyone have a good source for edible flowers? I need more than is reasonable to buy in the little plastic packets from the grocery store, and even buying direct from Herbco it's $15 for 50 flowers, which adds up fast, and maybe that's the best I'm going to find, but I figured it was worth checking to see if anyone else had another source...

One time request or on-going? Some of the growers at the Farmer's Markets have them in bags. Should be much easier in season.

One time request or on-going? Some of the growers at the Farmer's Markets have them in bags. Should be much easier in season.

one time or at least only 1-2 times a year... I of course need them at the beginning of April this time around which is a bit early.