Where to buy stuff around Seattle

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw this topic as a thread for another city and thought it was a brillitant idea rather than having a new thread every time someone needs some quick help finding something...   like me right now

We have grits. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. There weren't any in the bulk foods at Rainbow Grocery or Broadway QFC, but Matthew found Albers Quick Grits at QFC. We've been eating them up, a

Pretty sure that's not it, but it's good to know there's a new Persian Grocery Store in that area. I still miss Pars Market - they were wonderful!

Anyone know who has pine nuts at a reasonable price? I was at my local minimart this morning and they wanted >$10 for a 2 oz bag. I'm thinking costco or cash & carry, but if there's a more economical source out there I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

Anyone know who has pine nuts at a reasonable price? I was at my local minimart this morning and they wanted >$10 for a 2 oz bag. I'm thinking costco or cash & carry, but if there's a more economical source out there I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

Some Trader Joe's carry them (some do not) - 8 oz. about $7.50? They are dry toasted and from Russia or Korea. I haven't tried them yet, so I am hoping they are okay. They are small. I found them on Madison, not in Ballard.

Thanks!

I usually get mine at Trader Joe's. They cost less than at your minimart, but I don't remember how much less.

(Edited: This is what I get for leaving the window open too long.)

Thanks!

Costco is the way to go. Way cheaper than any other source I've found and the quality is good.

Ballard Market usually carries them in the bulk bin, I just buy what I need which saves me lots. Might want to check there.

That would be fine if they turn over rapidly, but I would think pine nuts in bulk bins would have a very short shelf life.

Thanks!

Costco is the way to go. Way cheaper than any other source I've found and the quality is good.

In agreement here on Costco. I use pine nuts quite often and always have a bag of the Costco ones in the freezer. I ran out recently and was appalled at how expensive they are in the grocery stores and TJ's only has the dry roasted ones. Good to know about Ballard Mkt having them in bulk--I wish Met Market did.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can find a selection of Le Parfait canning jars? I'm looking for 12 or 16 oz sizes. The Container Store in Bellevue used to carry them but they've been out since April and they don't know if they're getting them back. Amazon only carries the larger sizes, and I'd rather not go through the Internet on this one.

61YzpDxS8sL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Anyone know where I can find a selection of Le Parfait canning jars? I'm looking for 12 or 16 oz sizes. The Container Store in Bellevue used to carry them but they've been out since April and they don't know if they're getting them back. Amazon only carries the larger sizes, and I'd rather not go through the Internet on this one.

61YzpDxS8sL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The Ballard Market has a small selection of them- in the back of the store on some shelves between milk and yogurt sections

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where I can locally buy buffalo meat? I haven't tried Don and Joe's but I'll stop by tomorrow to ask. (Searching for it seems to pull up all the butcher shops near Seattle Street in Buffalo, NY.)

About every 5 years or so I'm reminded of how flavorful that meat is compared to beef. Last week we were in Sheridan, WYO, and I had a buffalo tenderloin that was phenomenal and I wondered why I don't seek this out more often.

Merci!

Anyone know where I can locally buy buffalo meat? I haven't tried Don and Joe's but I'll stop by tomorrow to ask. (Searching for it seems to pull up all the butcher shops near Seattle Street in Buffalo, NY.)

About every 5 years or so I'm reminded of how flavorful that meat is compared to beef. Last week we were in Sheridan, WYO, and I had a buffalo tenderloin that was phenomenal and I wondered why I don't seek this out more often.

Merci!

Central Market carries it so that would mean that Town and Country would have it or be able to get it.

Kay