Miguel Gierbolini

Paris Bistros, Restos

As I think Orik said, "it is that time again."

I will be in Paris for a few days in the beginning of December, any recommendations? New ones, old standbys? Places to avoid?

I have a bunch of Maurice letters to review, those will be helpful, as well as Chez Pim.

Thanks.

• Like 42

We will be in Paris from Oct. 9-14th and eating at bistros mostly. I'll report back. I'm going with my BIL and SIL who wrote a book on the Bistros of Paris. So we will be trying some new places and some old ones.

As I think Orik said, "it is that time again." 

I will be in Paris for a few days in the beginning of December, any recommendations?  New ones, old standbys? Places to avoid?

I have a bunch of Maurice letters to review, those will be helpful, as well as Chez Pim.

Thanks.

If you're going to do an upscale meal....our lunch at Le Meurice was very very good (I think there may be photos of it on Pim's site).

I used and abused Pim's recommendations, highly advisable. L'Entredgeu was one of our favorites. Also went to Monsieur Lapin in the 14th, which turned out to be one of Maurice's old standbys. We really enjoyed it.

Also, do ask Melonious if he'll leak any of his lists to you - his bro-in-law is a maven.

We will be in Paris from Oct. 9-14th and eating at bistros mostly. I'll report back. I'm going with my BIL and SIL who wrote a book on the Bistros of Paris. So we will be trying some new places and some old ones.

Damn it, Thunk, that was supposed to be me over a year ago who was gonna try new bistrots with your B$S-in-laws (I like the way that looks, by the way). I fully understand the circumstances that prevented that engagement, but that doesn't mitigate my envy of you with such excellent and competent guides and companions.

And I'm stuck in Flint, doing homework in that sorghum-dense language of theirs.

Villaret (following Maurice's rec., I think) was very good. I can't join Omni's recommendation of Le Meurice, had dinner there that was adequate at best.

Which book is this?