Paris Bistros, Restos

Les Papilles: Very, very good.
Shhhhhhh. Not so loud on this one. They turn away at least a dozen people every evening as it is. :D Actually, we always book here for our first night in town, since it is simple (not demanding), accessable (location), approachable (food) and welcoming (Bluy).

Next time, let Bluy choose a wine to complement the menu. He has picked some lovely bottles for us, almost always costing less than the one I had in mind.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I think Orik said, "it is that time again."   I will be in Paris for a few days in the beginning of December, any recommendations? New ones, old standbys? Places to avoid?   I have a bunch o

I suspect Bruni or Paglia wrote that review.

Had lunch here last week and it was so good I've booked dinner for next month!.   Added bonus of being right by the metro on the 8 line.

• 3 weeks later...

Still not Miguel, but here are some photos from one of the meals at Les Papilles when I was in France earlier this year

carrot soup

791138281_9b7f8ef8df.jpg

braised pork belly with rosemary and white beans

792017914_eab67c2837.jpg

now on a plate

792018106_8732a66999.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last month I had a great meal at Dominique Bouchet in the 8th arr. There was this amazing sauce for duck, a rich brown reduction with red wine and a bit of cocoa. I had the tasting menu. Also there were these homemade marshmallows in the dessert petit fours.

As I think Orik said, "it is that time again."

I will be in Paris for a few days in the beginning of December, any recommendations? New ones, old standbys? Places to avoid?

I have a bunch of Maurice letters to review, those will be helpful, as well as Chez Pim.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Been traveling like crazy and fortunate enough to get to spend a few days in Paris.

Dropped in to Chez Michel late one evening. This place has Wilf written all over it. Specials included Grouse, Pheasant, Pidgeon, Doe, Wild Duck, Hare and a few other game dishes. The wild game pate and doe were the standouts. A very good starter of scallop tartare was also very good. Menu is very reasonable at something like 30 euros but you can run up a pretty good bill with the game supplements. Very friendly service as well.

This place has Wilf written all over it.

I apologize for the graffiti. I was there last September, and I think you benefited from being further into the game season. I only recall grouse on the menu (its season starts earlier than most other game birds). I did like the grouse, but apparently not the service.