Rose

butter, butter, butter, GOOD butter

I've been enjoying Kerrygold unsalted (sprinkled with just a few grains of salt) on matzah this week. Kerrygold salted in a sweet cream butter and the unsalted is made from cultured cream. The website claims the cows (it's a cooperative, not one farm) are grass-fed year round. The butter has a high fat content and is instantly spreadable right from the fridge. The price at Trader Joe is very reasonable.

kerrygold is one of my fave cooking butters.

This is excellent butter, and for the price, almost unbeatable. Kingsmarket occasionally has it for $4 a pound or so on sale. There's a lot of European butter sloshing around as a result of the glut in dairy production over there.

I've been enjoying Kerrygold unsalted (sprinkled with just a few grains of salt) on matzah this week. Kerrygold salted in a sweet cream butter and the unsalted is made from cultured cream. The website claims the cows (it's a cooperative, not one farm) are grass-fed year round. The butter has a high fat content and is instantly spreadable right from the fridge. The price at Trader Joe is very reasonable.

This is excellent butter, and for the price, almost unbeatable. Kingsmarket occasionally has it for $4 a pound or so on sale. There's a lot of European butter sloshing around as a result of the glut in dairy production over there.

i've found it locally for as little as $2.99. also love lurpak

Danish butter is my favorite. The salted variety is lightly salted and is perfect for bread as well as cooking.

i've found it locally for as little as $2.99. also love lurpak

$2.99 is a GREAT price for KeryGold

Did I see Kerrygold at Eli's Marketplace for $7.99 a half-pound, or did my eyes deceive me? Maybe it was $4.99. Walking around the store and checking prices, I saw that most things were about twice as much as one would pay for the same item elsewhere. Who buys there?

That is my calculation as well -- everything is twice the price, even compared to other expensive Upper East Side stores. I must say, though, I do sometimes shop there for the bread. I think their "Health Bread" is great. Also, Eli's sells fabulous baby lettuce, for a price, which is not available anywhere in the neighborhood -- I would guess the closest approximation is the lovely leaves sold at Union Square Market -- also at an extraordinarily high price. But for fish, meat, cheese, vegetables, etc., the prices are prohibitive. Nevertheless, Eli's is not wanting for patrons!

Did I see Kerrygold at Eli's Marketplace for $7.99 a half-pound, or did my eyes deceive me? Maybe it was $4.99. Walking around the store and checking prices, I saw that most things were about twice as much as one would pay for the same item elsewhere. Who buys there?

$7.99 / 8 oz is an extraordinarily high price for KerryGold

been enjoying darosario organic black truffle butter. it makes for some wonderful mashed potatoes

After having dinner at Eleven Madison Park and dusting off the goat butter, I picked up a 1/2 lb or Meyerberg's Goat Butter at Fairway. We had some people over for dinner and I have never seen an entire baguette disappear so quickly. This stuff is dangerously addicting.

After having dinner at Eleven Madison Park and dusting off the goat butter, I picked up a 1/2 lb or Meyerberg's Goat Butter at Fairway. We had some people over for dinner and I have never seen an entire baguette disappear so quickly. This stuff is dangerously addicting.

Meyerberg's Goat Butter is one step this side of crack cocaine. It's really good stuff