Rose

butter, butter, butter, GOOD butter

Got some Echire this morning. Pamplie is better.

Stop that. You are doing this just to make me crazy. Echire is easily gotten at Borough Market... I still haven't seen Pamplie here. ;)

scamhi brought me some butter made in Parmeggiano- Reggiano. Maker is Montanari & Gruzza. She bought it at Sahadi. A fantastic butter - has a real cheesey note.

Two new Pamplie sightings: Amish Market, and Blue Apron (in Park Slope). Silver label only; I've been using the black.

I see a Sahadi trip in my future.

scamhi brought me some butter made in Parmeggiano- Reggiano. Maker is Montanari & Gruzza. She bought it at Sahadi. A fantastic butter - has a real cheesey note.

Omni,

I just bought butter this weekend from a farm in the UK, I think its called Malthouse. They have a new stand at Borough Market where they are selling their cheese, buttermilk, and butter. Their butter is distinctly cheesy. Even more so when its melted. Delicious.

I'm close to getting hooked,if I am not already, on Straus Family Farms butter. Recommended by ngatti I believe. It's heavenly and has become my default butter. Available in Whole Foods.

I'll have to try the Pamplie. Unsalted version, though, since that is what I prefer. I like to spread sweet butter on bread and then sprinkle it with bits of Maldon salt. :lol:

I've bought a few different Pamplie packagings. I like the 250g size in silver paper, with green decoration. It's salted.

This stuff is just wonderful; perfect salt level (very light). I've been picking it up at Dean and Deluca in Soho recently, where it's been very fresh.

If there are any Upper West Siders reading: Barzini's (Bway btw 90th and 91st) is now carrying Pamplie and butter from Parmeggiano- Reggiano.

A friend turned me on to some Portuguese butter that she'd picked up at a market in Attleboro, MA. Very good, although salted so not great for baking. Unfortunately, she'd cut the block in half & thrown away the wrapper for the half she was using; the remaining half-wrapper had no name on it. Any ideas?

My parents had some brand of Irish butter from Trader Joes that was mighty tasty. Better than the (slightly stale) Plugra they put out when it was finished.

My parents had some brand of Irish butter from Trader Joes that was mighty tasty. Better than the (slightly stale) Plugra they put out when it was finished.

Kerry Gold?

Kerry Gold is pretty boring, in my opinion. Not bad for an every day butter, but since I've been using Pamplie and d'Igisny - nothing else comes close for "regular" butter for me. The Parmeggiano stuff is great, but has a lot of cheesy flavor so it's not good for every purpose.

Noticed that Eli's Manhattan (3rd Ave.) is carrying four types of Pamplie butter. I've never seen so many varieties before, having only been buying D&D's one kind (silver packaging with green accents, lightly salted). Eli's has three rectangular block varieties: silver&green package, a black package, another plain silver package, and one long cylindrical variety in a yellow foil. Only two of these types carries the AOC seal (black and plain silver), the other two do not. Does anyone have any familiarity with the differences (if any) between these different types of Pamplie butter?

Vinegar factory has several: the big silver is salted, big black is unsalted. Then there are smaller sizes of each. Not sure about the cylindrical shape - will take a look.