• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again heading off to Missoula from Cspgs. The route is ice packed, sleet, freezing rain, sideways snow etc. If you don't hear from me again it was nice knowing all of you. If and when I get there my new master is taking me, and the other two investors, down to Napa for a food and wine reconnaissance (sp?) mission. He mentioned something about Greystone too. Rock and roll. Check ya.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from the great frozen Northwest. I've been in Missoula for two weeks, having survived a hairy three day car trips on the snow swept roads of Wyoming and Montana. It's been record cold here--minus 16 without a wind chill--but I've adjusted. Living in an efficiency with a beautiful mountain view outside my bay window. The restaurant/bistro/retail outlet I'll be cheffing at is in the vein of Dean and Deluca with a brasserie style 40 seater located in the center of the action. Been catering dinner parties for people that have way too much disposable income and having a blast. Got my tattoo finally in a hole in the wall in Colorado and am pretty pleased with it. Did have difficulty living with other folks ie my father and my ex-girlfriend from the wild and crazy early 20's days but am out on my own and looking for kicks. If anyone has the cajones to venture up here and visit I'd be more than happy to take you cross country skiing on the Rattlesnake. Cheers amigos. Alex.

Greetings from the great frozen Northwest. I've been in Missoula for two weeks, having survived a hairy three day car trips on the snow swept roads of Wyoming and Montana. It's been record cold here--minus 16 without a wind chill--but I've adjusted. Living in an efficiency with a beautiful mountain view outside my bay window. The restaurant/bistro/retail outlet I'll be cheffing at is in the vein of Dean and Deluca with a brasserie style 40 seater located in the center of the action. Been catering dinner parties for people that have way too much disposable income and having a blast. Got my tattoo finally in a hole in the wall in Colorado and am pretty pleased with it. Did have difficulty living with other folks ie my father and my ex-girlfriend from the wild and crazy early 20's days but am out on my own and looking for kicks. If anyone has the cajones to venture up here and visit I'd be more than happy to take you cross country skiing on the Rattlesnake. Cheers amigos. Alex.

This is very good news. I'm happy things are going well, CWS.

BTW, what kind of sourcing do you have for game, meats, etc in Missoula? It would seem there should be some excellent provisioners locally.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aaustin

Have you had a chance to explore Livingston or Bozeman yet? I've never been to either, but I live in Jackson Hole and am planning a mini-honeymoon to the livingston area...wanted ideas for where to eat.

welcome to the west. when the time comes that you head toward jackson, I'll return the favor.

Haven't been to either actually. Spent a night at the Bozeman Motel 6 and was advised of a neat little wine bar---the name escapes me---but I wasn't about to get off the highway an venture into town. The roads were a mess and the snow made visibility near zero. Of course, as soon as I got off the road the weather turned fair. Will be going to Frisco next week for the fancy foods show with my boss and after that Memphis via Spokane. May venture down to Bozeman and Livingston in the next few weeks. Thanks.