• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Begins October 17

The burgers are too salty, though.

Yes! maybe flat meatballs with Mozarella style cheese, in a bun.

Posted Images

I read somewhere once that Shake Shack uses Martin's potato rolls. If so, that's why the darn things taste good. Those rolls kick butt. The hot dog rolls are excellent too and the potato bread makes lovely french toast.

Mmmm...potato rolls

I still think that the plain Shake Shack cheeseburger tastes exactly like a plain Quarter Pounder with cheese. Smells the same, tastes the same.

Nope, no resemblance to a quarter pounder. What it resembles is Wendy's...

minus the shit that's in all fast food burgers..

Are you saying I don't know what freshly cooked meat tastes like?

Ron, I am not attacking it, and I doubt you have tasted the two side by side. If you haven't, don't hypothesize the outcome.

Possibly. What I am saying is that you're misinformed.

Have YOU done a side-by-side taste test? I'm guessing not.

Misinformed? Informed by whom?

I have eaten so many plain Quarter Pounders with cheese in my life, I don't have to do a side by side. I know exactly what the taste will be nearly world wide. At least around this country and Europe.

The two times I was there walking towards the shack, I smelled the unmistakeable scent of McDonalds. There wasn't a McDonalds in sight, although I did see a Burger King. Burger King smells nothing like Mconalds. The first bite tasted exactly like every single plain Quarter Pounder with cheese I have ever eaten, as did every other bite.

there was a McDonald's across the street from the Shake Shack that's been closed for about a year while the demo'd and rebuilt the building. I don't know where there's a Burger King anywhere around the Shake Shack though. Come to think of it, the closest BK i know of is on 5th avenue and 29th street..

The unmistakable scent of McDonald's was likely the fries being cooked and the burgers being cooked on the grill in mass quantity.

I've eaten more than my share of McDonald's quarter pounders in a past life and think there's alarge difference between it and SS. For one thing, the meat is less densely packed, it's not like a hockey puck which McD's is. It's closer, in my opinion, to an In and Out, than a McD's. Also, the outside of the burger is ncie and charred and has some crispy edges unlike the grilled and steamed McD's pucks.

Burger King will cook you a burger to order, should you order one 'Off the grill.' McDonald's usually just pulls a pre-cooked burger out of the tray. I watched them do it the other day with my sausage McGriddle, possibly the most vile thing I've ever eaten.

I watched them do it the other day with my sausage McGriddle, possibly the most vile thing I've ever eaten.

I've been curious about those things. But it's not like all the clues weren't there...

The thing is, I actually enjoy the sausage biscuit there (no egg, no cheese, nothing but sausage on the biscuit) and from the picture on the menu that's all this thing should have been. It took them three tried to give me the right thing, and it still sucked.

I am obsessed with the Dunkin' Donuts maple sausage, cheddar and egg breakfast sandwich, but only because the guy in the ad looks like he's really enjoying it. I will confine my enthusiasm to the realm of fantasy (phantasy, for Freudians).

I am obsessed with the Dunkin' Donuts maple sausage, cheddar and egg breakfast sandwich, but only because the guy in the ad looks like he's really enjoying it. I will confine my enthusiasm to the realm of fantasy (phantasy, for Freudians).

Three words:

Don't do it

Ron, I am not attacking it, and I doubt you have tasted the two side by side. If you haven't, don't hypothesize the outcome.

elyse, don't tell me what to do, especially when not having tasted them side by side was no barrier to you "hypothesizing" the outcome.

Are you saying I don't know what freshly cooked meat tastes like?

Possibly. What I am saying is that you're misinformed.

Have YOU done a side-by-side taste test? I'm guessing not.

Misinformed? Informed by whom?

I have eaten so many plain Quarter Pounders with cheese in my life, I don't have to do a side by side. I know exactly what the taste will be nearly world wide. At least around this country and Europe.

The two times I was there walking towards the shack, I smelled the unmistakeable scent of McDonalds. There wasn't a McDonalds in sight, although I did see a Burger King. Burger King smells nothing like Mconalds. The first bite tasted exactly like every single plain Quarter Pounder with cheese I have ever eaten, as did every other bite.

there was a McDonald's across the street from the Shake Shack that's been closed for about a year while the demo'd and rebuilt the building. I don't know where there's a Burger King anywhere around the Shake Shack though. Come to think of it, the closest BK i know of is on 5th avenue and 29th street..

The unmistakable scent of McDonald's was likely the fries being cooked and the burgers being cooked on the grill in mass quantity.

I've eaten more than my share of McDonald's quarter pounders in a past life and think there's alarge difference between it and SS. For one thing, the meat is less densely packed, it's not like a hockey puck which McD's is. It's closer, in my opinion, to an In and Out, than a McD's. Also, the outside of the burger is ncie and charred and has some crispy edges unlike the grilled and steamed McD's pucks.

Burger King will cook you a burger to order, should you order one 'Off the grill.' McDonald's usually just pulls a pre-cooked burger out of the tray. I watched them do it the other day with my sausage McGriddle, possibly the most vile thing I've ever eaten.

Now you think I can't tell the fucking difference between the smell of potatoes and meat? And no. When you order a plain one, they don't take it out of a bin, they make it fresh. I ONCE got an old meat patty, sent it back, and a new one was made for me. I know the difference between food made fresh and shit that's been laying around for a while. First f all, they have to cook it for you wehich takes a while. So I stand next to the cash register while people ask for a get their burgers or whatever they ordered and come and go, come and go. Do you think every fucking McDonalds I've ever been to gives me the ol' 'make 'em wait ____ minutes rule? That's just stupid.

And guess what. I was the first one to notice and insist that NY Burger Company cooks up a pile of burgers, and take them out to be reheated before dressing it and serving it. I know the difference between a shitty burger and a good one. That's why I started up Burger Club which was the beginning of the no gathering (or whatever it's called) policy. D'ya not recall that?

This argument has been done over and over, like so many threads going on here and at other places. And funny, how no has ever tested it through. Is it because of the person who mentions it? If it were someone else, you'd all gladly accept the challenge and make it a fun experiment. It's fucking ridiculous how people clutch so dearly to the idea of what Shake Shack seems to be. Just another sad example of sheep mentality.

[edited by admin]