AOL CityGuide "Best Of" Voting

Okay, listen up. We've just put together our "best of" nominees for the Denver AOL CityGuide, which is comprised of restaurants and bars in Denver and surrounds. It includes everything from best burger and best Mexican to best breakfast and best overall restaurant (for all you Frasca groupies). If you're a ballot stuffer-type, feel free to vote often. Here's the link: AOL Denver CityGuide Best of

Happy voting.

Lori

Okay, listen up. We've just put together our "best of" nominees for the Denver AOL CityGuide, which is comprised of restaurants and bars in Denver and surrounds. It includes everything from best burger and best Mexican to best breakfast and best overall restaurant (for all you Frasca groupies). If you're a ballot stuffer-type, feel free to vote often.  Here's the link: AOL Denver CityGuide Best of

Happy voting.

Lori

frasca is currently in 6th place in the vaguely titled "restaurant" category. should this be "best overall restaurant"?

then again, p.f chang's is in top place for chinese. and frighteningly, the editors have given it one more star than members have.

frasca is currently in 6th place in the vaguely titled "restaurant" category. should this be "best overall restaurant"?

That would be correct, Mongo. I didn't choose the categories -- just the nominees.

Now, shut up and vote. ;)

i did. relative rankings aside, how reliable do you think the nominees for "best chinese", "best thai" and "best mexican" are? (forgetting for a moment that p.f chang's is nominated and leading in the chinese category.)

how reliable do you think the nominees for "best chinese", "best thai" and "best mexican" are?

Well, considering the fact that yours truly chose the nominees for each category, I would say they're quite reliable. Do I personally believe that P.F. Changs is the best Chinese restaurant in Denver? No, which is why I also nominated my favorite -- JJ's -- and eight others.

how reliable do you think the nominees for "best chinese", "best thai" and "best mexican" are?

Well, considering the fact that yours truly chose the nominees for each category, I would say they're quite reliable. Do I personally believe that P.F. Changs is the best Chinese restaurant in Denver? No, which is why I also nominated my favorite -- JJ's -- and eight others.

why would you even put p.f chang's in there? are there really no more than 8 other chinese restaurants that are better? i'd take china gourmet in boulder (spice china's sibling) over p.f chang's anyday.

but let me ask about the other thai places you nominated: which of these would you say comes closest to yummy yummy in quality?

Guest biedermancooks

i see why you are so upset, but I would like to point out that the voting is for best of DENVER not boulder or any other out lying city. But i would aslo llike to point out that there is much better that P.F Changs.

i see why you are so upset, but I would like to point out that the voting is for best of DENVER not boulder or any other out lying city. But i would aslo llike to point out that there is much better that P.F Changs.

i'm not upset at all, actually. as lori knows, i have a reputation as a severe pain in the ass to uphold.

are you sure that the voting is only for denver? many categories seem to have entries from boulder and other suburbs--even the p.f chang's is listed as a littleton eatery.

would you care to list your favourite chinese places in the region in this thread? i haven't even eaten at 10 chinese restaurants in colorado, and i really would like to believe that there's 10 better than p.f chang's in the greater denver metro area.

i'm not upset at all, actually. as lori knows, i have a reputation as a severe pain in the ass to uphold.

Truer words were never spoken. ;)

why would you even put p.f chang's in there? are there really no more than 8 other chinese restaurants that are better? i'd take china gourmet in boulder (spice china's sibling) over p.f chang's anyday.

Here's the dealio: I don't think that P.F. Chang's is the best Chinese restaurant in the metro Denver area -- but I also happen to know my audience on AOL CityGuide, and as you can see, my favorite Chinese joint -- JJ's -- has a whopping 2%. That tells me that me that the majority of people who vote haven't even heard of JJ's, much less been there. But in my ever so humble opinion, yes, I do think that P.F. Chang's is probably one of the 10 best Chinese restaurants in the greater metro area. They do some things very, very well, like those lettuce wraps, which I happen to love. But clearly, I haven't been to every Chinese restaurant in the metro area, and I've not been to China Gourmet.

but let me ask about the other thai places you nominated: which of these would you say comes closest to yummy yummy in quality?

Jumbo Thai. Go now. The guy who owns it is threatening to close the place to move back East. I also think both Thai Flavor and Wild Ginger are excellent.

On the topic of chinese food, what happened to Ocean City that they are now New Ocean City with new owners?

Are you sure you don't mean J's Noodles New Thai, which used to be just J's Noodles -- and is now under new management? I wasn't aware that Ocean City had changed names or ownership...