Guest barleywino1

Japanese restaurants (SEA)

Guest barleywino1

At Tsukushinbo (I district Main and 5th), the cold tofu salad w/ garlic chips and spicy mayo and crispy noodles

At Takohachi in the ID... Their Bacon Fried Rice is a must have. Several of the PNWers love this rice dish as well as the mackerel in the photo. (thank you MsRamsey for this tip).

This is a photo of a lunch I had there awhile back with my husband. The bacon fried rice is upper left.

takohachi.jpg

Takohachi

610 S Jackson St

Seattle, WA 98104-2911

(206) 682-1828

Oh my, I've got to get back to Takohachi soon. That saba shioyaki is so good. Maybe the best I've had in Seattle. I'd like to try the curry rice sometime and the other menu items, but that saba always sucks me in.

Oh my, I've got to get back to Takohachi soon. That saba shioyaki is so good. Maybe the best I've had in Seattle. I'd like to try the curry rice sometime and the other menu items, but that saba always sucks me in.

I've never been!! ;) ;) :( soooo sad!!! (hint, hint!)

Guest rockdoggydog

Wendy, just say when and I am so there. Those croquettes look good! I just realized that I have no favorite Japanese restaurant in Seattle, and as far as dishes go, the Om Rice at Fort St. George is pretty close to the top of my list as is the Nabeyaki Udon at Kozue. Hmmm, must ponder much more.

Rocky

OOOOHHH YEAHHHHH ---- (Grunt and Hip Thrust...)

That bacon fried rice rocks...However, at the risk of going down in flames, methinks it clashes overmuch w/ the saba???

Guest barleywino1

I also like that bacon fried rice, for a true grease fix ;)....and their hamburg has a nice crispy outside and soft oniony inside, like meat loaf (or lions head meatball)

Who makes the best tempura? Shrimp Tempura in particular... That is one of my faves...

When I was in Uwajimaya yesterday (btw, I ran into Seagal and Heyjude, what a wonderful surprise!), I bought a large box of frozen premade shrimp tempura (Tiger Thai brand) for snacks at home. I know it's easy to make, but sometimes it's nice to just grab out of the freezer. Plus it was on sale for a few $$ off. ;)

Guest barleywino1

Had a nice unagi w/ fish noodle (w/ unagi sauce, tougarashi and scallion; no soup) at Nishino. Not on the menu but as long as they are serving fish noodle (as part of the 25 for 25 this month) you can probably request it.

oh my god BACON fried rice??? I must have some!

the tempura up at mori (85th just west of greenwood) is pretty good but I can't speak to the shrimp part. And my friends vouch for the sushi...

Back in CA my favorite japanese restaurant would make me plates of just tempura-ed carrots :lol:, but since Bill doesn't care for Japanese I don't eat anywhere enough to establish that kind of relationship :)

Overall the menu is hit-and-miss, but I REALLY like the panko-coated deep fried oysters at Haruko's on Mercer Island.

My current favorite, because I just had it last night: seared mackerel sashimi at Maekawa bar. Slightly warm, completely melting texture... just right sour/fishy flavor...

Guest rockdoggydog

Yeah, I have and I think SeaGal and SeaGuy have as well. I posted a short blurb in the Farewell and Welcome thread a while ago. Here's the post.

Rocky

Edited to add link.

Saba shioyaki and fried rice at Takohachi is among my top meals ever.

Amaebi at Shiki (then being presented with the fried heads, which are delicious too).

How about that foie gras/tuna nigiri at Nishino?