It's Michael, isn't it? The spy on the boat?

Hmm, that sounds like a good guess. What about the "older, taller Walt" that (I think) Hurley was talking about a few weeks ago?

I keep hoping it's Tom. We miss you, Tom, and last night's cameo was bittersweet. Tom! (Yes, I know he's dead. But this is Lost.)
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who's tom again?

Isn't he guy with the fake beard from the kidnapping Walt episode?

I like the idea that it's Walt or Michael on the boat.

It was nice to see Juliette all cleaned up. And to have a bit of a romance back on the show.

who's tom again?

Yea, who's Tom? It's got to be Michael. I'm pretty sure of it. Can't wait til next week.

I'm no longer watching this in hostage mode, I'm actually really enjoying it again!

yeah, it has to be michael, or some other survivor. why else would ben tell locke to sit down before hearing it?

i'm just pleased that it can't be charlie.

I think it's probably Michael or Walt but it would be interesting if it is Sayid. We know that Sayid is currently on the ship and we also know that Sayid eventually works for Ben. It could be that Ben has also been exposed to radiation and he can jump around in time. He may already be setting the wheels in motion for Sayid to be manipulated to do his bidding.

On another topic: I'm confused about the differences in the way that time passes according to whether you are on the island or off the island. Remember how we learned that a full day on the island is roughly equivalent to 40 minutes off the island? However, Desmond has been on the island for many years and the passage of his time on the island seems consistent with the way time has passed for Penny. So maybe time moves much slower when you are close to the turbulence that happens when you leave the island. For instance, maybe time passes very slowly on the boat?

Remember how when we were seeing Ben's flash backs, we saw that man with the dark hair and blue eyes who was Ben's friend when Ben was a child was also present on the island when Ben was an adult? That man did not age at all. If time passes slowly on the boat, maybe this man with the blue eyes and dark hair who didn't age is Ben's man on the ship? It could be that Ben wants Locke to sit down, not because he wants to tell him about Walt, but because he wants to tell Locke about the fountain of youth. But then, the Walt story line has been dangling for so long now... It has to be that Walt is the "man" on the ship. But age functions strangely on the island, so he's older...

yeah, it has to be michael, or some other survivor. why else would ben tell locke to sit down before hearing it?

I think it's probably Michael or Walt but it would be interesting if it is Sayid. We know that Sayid is currently on the ship and we also know that Sayid eventually works for Ben. It could be that Ben has also been exposed to radiation and he can jump around in time. He may already be setting the wheels in motion for Sayid to be manipulated to do his bidding.

On another topic: I'm confused about the differences in the way that time passes according to whether you are on the island or off the island. Remember how we learned that a full day on the island is roughly equivalent to 40 minutes off the island? However, Desmond has been on the island for many years and the passage of his time on the island seems consistent with the way time has passed for Penny. So maybe time moves much slower when you are close to the turbulence that happens when you leave the island. For instance, maybe time passes very slowly on the boat?

Remember how when we were seeing Ben's flash backs, we saw that man with the dark hair and blue eyes who was Ben's friend when Ben was a child was also present on the island when Ben was an adult? That man did not age at all. If time passes slowly on the boat, maybe this man with the blue eyes and dark hair who didn't age is Ben's man on the ship? It could be that Ben wants Locke to sit down, not because he wants to tell him about Walt, but because he wants to tell Locke about the fountain of youth. But then, the Walt story line has been dangling for so long now... It has to be that Walt is the "man" on the ship. But age functions strangely on the island, so he's older...

I wonder if Ben has found that chick Sayid has been looking for..

You got me thinking with the exposure to radiation idea. Maybe it's going to be Goodwin - they made a point of playing up the chemical burn he received. Maybe he can jump around in time and has gone back to a time when he's not dead.

also, can someone remind me again: there are still others somewhere on the island? i've forgotten where they went and why ben's not with them.

I think they are probably now in some location not too far from the island where they can stay young for ever...

Hmmm, maybe time travel is how the psychotherapist (Goodwin's wife) was able to show up and give the message to Juliette.

My head is now spinning with ideas I hadn't thought of.

Last night, Gary and I were also surmising that it was Michael or Walt, now I'm not so sure...

when did ben separate from them though? i know this all happened last season--can someone point me to a detailed episode guide.

Here's more info than you've ever wanted, passed along from an email my husband sent me. I haven't checked all these out yet myself.

Two main sites:

Entertainment Weekly TV Watch; they have an article the day of as a tease and then the day after as a recap:

(see for example this weeks: Tease and Recap)

And Lostpedia; they have full recaps and separate theories pages:

Interesting videos:

(teleporting rabbits?)

lost recap in 8:15