So, Danielle looked to be 18 in 1988, why does she look 45 in 2005?

it's all the smoking the french do.

No moisturizer.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No moisturizer.

No sunscreen.

Time travel stories make my head explode. Like wouldn't have Danielle recognized Jin when she saw him in 2005?

No moisturizer.

No sunscreen.

Time travel stories make my head explode. Like wouldn't have Danielle recognized Jin when she saw him in 2005?

EW.com posts a wrap up of each episode after they air. These are extremely helpful for processing what just happened, pointing things out that you missed, pointing things out that you never would have thought of, etc.

Anyway, today's wrap up took on that issue:

Remember when Rousseau totally freaked out when she saw Jin again on the beach? ''I saw you disappear!'' she exclaimed. In her shock, I saw a simple answer to the time travel noodle-cooker that many of you have been puzzling over since last week: Did the French Lady recognize Jin when she first met the castaways in Season 1? The answer could very well be: Does it matter? For Rousseau, Reappearing Jin was one more scary, inexplicable thing in a scary, inexplicable situation that was about to become a way of life. By the time their lives intersected once more in her future timeline, seeing Jin again (if she even recognized him), the significance probably just bounced off her. ''Oh. You again. Whatever.''

• 2 weeks later...

no.

last night's episode was good. my guess is that ben kills locke because he tells ben that jin is alive but doesn't want sun to return and that he (locke) is going to honour that promise. once ben has the ring he knows he can manipulate sun into returning. i wonder if it will turn out that ben also had sayid's wife killed.

and a walter sighting: wasn't he supposed to be so important once upon a time? how come he doesn't need to be returned to the island?

a fairly heavy analysis of the episode

"Lost pretends to be a science fiction show some of the time with stuff like time travel thrown in there, but it’s really a show about a group of religious pilgrims, in thrall to a force they don’t really understand and throwing their weight behind a series of imperfect leaders. It was this episode’s greatest conceit that it so deeply humanized one of those leaders."

a fairly heavy analysis of the episode

"Lost pretends to be a science fiction show some of the time with stuff like time travel thrown in there, but it’s really a show about a group of religious pilgrims, in thrall to a force they don’t really understand and throwing their weight behind a series of imperfect leaders. It was this episode’s greatest conceit that it so deeply humanized one of those leaders."

My thoughts on that analysis: Dude...it's a TV show.

I sort of love Sawyer now. I started to skip LOST during season 4, but have been catching up (it's available on iTunes). Sawyer is so worried about everyone's well being - makes him totally hot.

I know, he's sort of like a hot grandmother, running around the island with his granny glasses, neurotically making sure everyone is ok. "did you eat?, you're skin and bones." "are you warm enough?" "while you were drunk, your wife had a baby" "please stay so I can bang you until Kate gets here" etc.

Wrong analogy but you get the point.

Hahahaha! It was the whole "if you touch a single hair on his curly head..." threat that he made (to either Locke or Ben) that got to me... I like it when people are protective of Hurley.