So Jack et al. spend three years going from 2005 to 2008. Sawyer et al spend three years going from 1974 to 1977. Then the Jacks jump back to 1977 for the reunion with the Sawyers. (And Jack will find that not only will Sawyer steal back Kate, who doesn't need Jack's holier-than-thou attitude, but that Sawyer has also stolen Jack's #2, Juliet. Of course, once Kate realizes that Sawyer is now a nice guy (kind of like Luke going from rapist to national hero; although apparently Sawyer is quite ruthless, given how that odd guy from Mad Men, who is no doubt Richard Alpert's brother, behaved), she'll not be into him any more, and will be left to wonder why she only likes assholes, but will she learn her lesson and go back to Jack? No. I suspect she'll shack up with Richard Alpert or even Ben.)

I'm guessing that Ben, who looked like he was more than 30 years old in 2005, is soon to show up at Dharma for the first time? And he's also back on the island for a "second" time from the 2008 plane crash with the news set of survivors? With Locke.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be interesting.

----------------------------------

However, I'm annoyed by the Jack/Sawyer/Kate/Juliet quadrilateral. I'm expecting someone to yell "switch".

By the way, what about the other survivors:

Michael -- Dead? Soon to appear on another wacky cop show.

Rose and Bernard -- ??

Faraday -- With Dharma, but not quite right?

Charlotte -- Dead?

Desmond -- still in 2005?

Claire -- Somewhere with her father, who seems to be the incarnation of Jacob?

Did they kill all the other survivors?

Nikki & Paolo -- I still think they're just hibernating.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching a lot of Lost re-runs. This is just an amazing show. The acting is quite good. The mix of basic intrigue with mystery is fascinating. Every time I think they can't possibly resolve a story-line in a "credible" manner, well, they do. I think Locke must be the most fascinating tv character since . . . Kramer?

Personally, I think it has gone a tad downhill. This season seems to be nothing more than a lot of running around with little actually happening. The mystery has taken a back seat to chases, plot twists and fun with time travel.

• 1 month later...

Well at the very least, the bomb blew her eyebrows off, making her less quizzical.

I liked the Jacob stuff, I felt like it made the entire show plot gel together a bit more. I also liked that there seems to be an extra John Locke.

Well at the very least, the bomb blew her eyebrows off, making her less quizzical.

I liked the Jacob stuff, I felt like it made the entire show plot gel together a bit more. I also liked that there seems to be an extra John Locke.

i just thought we went too quickly from not knowing anything about jacob for four years, to having a lot of stuff dropped on our laps in the finale. also, i was hoping for a more science-fictiony explanation--instead it looks like the mystery of the island will have more to do with pop-philosophy/theology crap.

but if claire, boone, charlie and juliet don't come back i will be willing to forgive.

I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, my DVR didn't record the finale, so I had to watch on my Mac, which isn't quite as good.

There are things that I just can't quite accept. Sawyer's transformation into a saint. The love quadrangle (although isn't that what every woman wants, a bad boy who's actually sweet and good?). The number of times Sahid has been shot in the past 4 (3? 30?) years. Jack's ability to dodge bullets. Jack's transformation, which we didn't really see -- he left he island and then three years later he was a bit nuts.

And the whole Widmore thing. He was kicked off the island when Ben was an adult, and I thought it was because he left the Island and fathered a child with some woman in the real world. But I got the idea he's Eloise's husband and Faraday's father?

I didn't mind the Jacob stuff, although it was a little uncessary to show him visiting everyone. Once he visited two, you knew the rest were coming, so it was a waste of time. and we knew they each had some kind of special connection with the island. If he's really dead? Sheesh what a tease. but he's not.

I figured out Locke'. It's Desmond in a Mission Impossible mask.