• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8irt6oj2HA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8irt6oj2HA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

• 7 months later...

So anyway, about a year or so ago I ran across an episode of Lost while channel surfing with Number One Son, and we decided to see what the hubbub was about. It was, as I know now, a Season 1 episode (some cable channel was showing reruns), and I realized there was no point pursuing it -- nothing made sense.

THEN, a few months later, Number One Son discovered that Lost was available in the Netflix Instant Play library, and suggested we take it from the top. If any of you are unfamiliar with Netflix' Instant Play library, let me tell you -- it is a treasure trove of free (or at least no-extra-charge) movies and TV shows, hundreds of them.

And naturally, we were consumed. It didn't take long to power through Seasons 1-4 at the rate of 2 to 3 episodes per night, and we were done by Summer's end. Then, as soon as Season 5 came out on DVD, Netflix generously added it to the Instant Play library. So not only are we all caught up, but everything that has happened is clear and fresh in our minds.

And now they're saying our President's State of the Union speech might be rescheduled to Feb. 2.

Which is when Season 6 starts.

I'll read about the speech in the papers.

And here is a sample of 5 seasons' worth of my thoughts:

The Island is obviously a power vortex. Jacob is some ancient keeper of the island, who, with the help of the Others, has kept it hidden as much as possible since at least the time of ancient Egypt.

The ship that Jacob and his nameless Nemesis are gazing at in the beginning of the Season 5 finale is, of course, the Black Rock. Hopefully we will see it propelled into the jungle in Season 6.

The statue, by the way, is of Taweret -- a goddess of fertility (I know because I looked it up), an ironic tie-in with the unfortunate birth-rate on the Island.

Jacob's Nemesis wants the Island destroyed, or to use it as a weapon.

The title of the series makes me think of the Lost Continent.

All the apparently supernatural stuff, including the Smoke Monster, all the dead people, and how Jacob's Nemesis is able to look like Locke, will be explained through science.

I really love all the characters, except Jack. Maybe I'm supposed to not like him.

I am still amazed that this is a mainstream network series.

Juliet is totally hotter than Kate.

you are so stupid.

the show benefits from being watched on a compressed schedule. that's how we watched season 1, and it remains our favourite season. once you start going a week between episodes you begin to think about it and get annoyed.

you are so stupid.

the show benefits from being watched on a compressed schedule. that's how we watched season 1, and it remains our favourite season. once you start going a week between episodes you begin to think about it and get annoyed.

yeah, I've wondered about that. I have done sorta the same thing ivan did- watch every season on DVD. Not sure I can handle the final season on a once a week schedule. especially since every episode ends in a cliff hanger kinda way.

You lost all credibility when you called Juliet hot.
I think she's hot. Then again, I'm a man, and I've seen "Gia". And I wouldn't watch "Gia" for (naked) Angelina Jolie. I watch it for (naked) Elizabeth Mitchell.