• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

and oh yes, my prediction:

[huge spoiler ahead for those who have not finished season 5 or seen the season 6 premiere]

just as the locke who came back to life on the island is revealed to be inhabited by jacob's friend/antagonist, saayid's resurrection too will actually turn out to be jacob in his body.

[spoiler space as well I suppose]

The "Lost" geek in me was happy to see so many old faces. Poor science teacher Doc Arzt, the ever-beleaguered Frogurt, even Emma and Zach (though I don't know if they are the same actors as before...looked like it). And anyone from "Deadwood" is fine by me as a new castmember. Though, as always, I miss Vincent.

All in all, though, I did like it. My favorite scene was the one between Jack and Locke at lost luggage. Symbolism ahoy in that scene. Locke loses his knives and Jack his dad. And Locke being philosophical Locke rather than mysterious Locke. Beyond that, my sister said the empty women's bathroom at an airport was the greatest miracle of any "Lost" has shown.

This is a spoiler for the entire season. The entire show, even. So here is some spoiler space.

Smokey is Xenu.

Beyond that, my sister said the empty women's bathroom at an airport was the greatest miracle of any "Lost" has shown.

Your sister would be right.

I was so very pleased to see Juliet buried.

That and a flight with so many extra seats.

As much as I like the storytelling that happens on Lost, last night I was reminded of how great the acting is.

between the last few minutes of the recap episode and the season premiere i ended up seeing juliet fall into that pit and sawyer crying like a little girl 45 times. as much as her smirk annoyed me, it seemed like too much. but i knew she was going to die for good when i saw she was on a new series. unfortunately, there are no guarantees for charlie and boon, whose careers have not taken off. and annoying claire is going to be back as well.

and yes, those were some gigantic coach seats on the plane. speaking of which, that section is proof that there was no plot master-plan from the beginning. if there had been, they would surely have shot these segments back in 2003 or whenever it was that the show began.

between the last few minutes of the recap episode and the season premiere i ended up seeing juliet fall into that pit and sawyer crying like a little girl 45 times. as much as her smirk annoyed me, it seemed like too much. but i knew she was going to die for good when i saw she was on a new series. unfortunately, there are no guarantees for charlie and boon, whose careers have not taken off. and annoying claire is going to be back as well.

and yes, those were some gigantic coach seats on the plane. speaking of which, that section is proof that there was no plot master-plan from the beginning. if there had been, they would surely have shot these segments back in 2003 or whenever it was that the show began.

Okay, so here's something pathetic. Even after watching that scene all 45 time, I cried during each viewing. :blush:

So you don't think the differences between the original 2004 flight and the post explosion 2004 flight were on purpose? I got the impression they were deliberate and will be explained later.

between the last few minutes of the recap episode and the season premiere i ended up seeing juliet fall into that pit and sawyer crying like a little girl 45 times. as much as her smirk annoyed me, it seemed like too much. but i knew she was going to die for good when i saw she was on a new series.

That said, she might be back for a few eps. Remember last night she said to Sawyer:"We should get coffee some time. We can go Dutch." I read that as meaning she was meeting with Sawyer in the new-old timeline. That's why she was going to say/did say through Miles to him: "It worked" after saying it didn't.

Unless, of course, she said that coffee thing some point in an earlier season.

The Sayid=Jacob theory is all over the 'net. TLo is calling the Smoke Monster "UnLocke" and I think the A/B timelines will go all season. So many references to earlier eps in this season 6 opener.

The Sayid=Jacob theory is all over the 'net. TLo is calling the Smoke Monster "UnLocke" and I think the A/B timelines will go all season. So many references to earlier eps in this season 6 opener.

We called him the Locke Monster.

Doc Jensen has an almost mind numbing recap of the first episode.