Sausage

A friend of mine makes a chicken-bacon-garlic sausage that is just amazing.

Also, the name "little Jesus" just makes me more curious.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I know there's a few Boston people on here, I'm wondering if anyone has any "must-try" suggestions for sausage buying in Beantown?

• 5 months later...

some sausage from flying pigs arrived today, courtesy liza and her personal shopper. this was consumed immediately at lunch. chardonnay and sun-dried tomato was the variety--somewhat frou-frou you might say, and you'd be right. the point, however, is that frou-frou flavouring aside, the sausage is just fucking excellent. i'd thought long family farms' french apple sausage was as good as it got, but i was wrong.

now i look forward to sampling the slab bacon that was also in the package.

I've had both. They're different. Pascal's are more rustic and more boldly flavored. Flying Pigs are smoother and more 'sophisticated' for lack of a better word. I love 'em both. But I must say I think about Pascal's more than I think about Flying Pigs' .

Pascal's sausages are like the sausages you buy in the French countryside.

does sopressata count as sausage?

east williamsburg (graham street) has some italian butchers yet who make it. i bought an excellent sopressata yesterday; it's very nice. but i wouldn't compare it to anything in the french countryside, mostly because i haven't been to a french countryside. i did drive past a chinese laundry in South Flushing the other day called "Meticulous French Cleaner Laundry" or something of the sort.