white lotus

Macaroni & Cheese party (Feb. 11)

This is advance warning to mark your calendars for Saturday, February 11th, time TBA at Lauren's house. Many thanks to Lauren for generously offering up her place to those of us who are curious about which recipe in the mac & cheese universe is best suited to our personality profile. Those of you who have always wanted to try a particular recipe by Martha Stewart, Oprah, D. Rosengarten, Alton B. etc. or those of you who already have your own fabulous version i.e. M.G. Apicus, Sea Gal should be in attendence. Those of you not making mac & cheese can bring what ever else might compliment. Hopefully, you can make it. :D wl

• Like 1

After spending in week in Santa Fe in September, I'm excited to make a green chile mac and cheese that we had there. Yum.

It looks like a lot of mac and cheese - which i love but I also love love love LMF"S mac and cheese so Greg and I will bring "something to go with mac and cheese"

Della

I was going through my recipes this weekend and came across the mac and cheese recipes that I gathered last year. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to pass them on. I have David Rosengarten's, John Thorne's, Patti La Belle's etc.

Della's right, it does look like a lot of mac and cheese! But I know we are troopers :rolleyes: Besides, it only takes a bite or two of each to compare!

I'm sure we could come up with a recipe to use some of the Vacherin Mont d'Or we just got at £27.5 for a whole cheese-but wait, we can't legally bring it back to CONUS. Shucks, guess we'll have to share it all with our kids while in UK. Ooh I love that stuff. Even without pasta.

Al posting under kayswv

Well I'm finally taking a brake from chocolate making and cookies. It is Christmas time after all. And what should appear. A couple of potlucks. Wonderful. Ed (MG Apicus) says he will bring his mac and cheese and I will think of something to go with it. Fred

I'm in!

I've got a Christopher Kimball recipe from a Cook's Illustrated from 1999 or early 2000 that I really like. I still have the issue around the house somewhere.

GL, three cheers for Scott's mac and cheese. Anyone seen him around lately (he posts under the name PapaChef).

GL, three cheers for Scott's mac and cheese. Anyone seen him around lately (he posts under the name PapaChef).

Hi Sue! He's still posting on eG but he's using the name chefturnedbum now. It sounds like he has a new venture planned, you should check out his posts........

:rolleyes: Scott's new restaurant "Fork" was mentioned in this week's Seattle Weekly!

Can't wait for it to open!

Oh, and Scott sent me another mac-n-cheese recipe that seems to be a variation of the original. I'll have to dig it up and see if I want to make that one instead....

Cheers,