white lotus

Macaroni & Cheese party (Feb. 11)

Excellent! I didn't know he switched names (I think I'll change my name to foreverlurking).

I found my Christopher Kimball recipe last night. I'm ready to roll Lauren.

I'm new to Mouthfuls but used to be on e-gullet a year or so ago (and I'm still grateful to you guys for my introduction to bahn mi!) :rolleyes: I was excited to find all of you over here!

I've never been to one of the gatherings, but if a newbie is welcome, mac and cheese certainly sounds like a perfect place to start.

Let me know if I have to prick a finger or take a blood oath.

MySiuMai

(another West Seattleite)

I'm new to Mouthfuls but used to be on e-gullet a year or so ago (and I'm still grateful to you guys for my introduction to bahn mi!)  :rolleyes:  I was excited to find all of you over here!

I've never been to one of the gatherings, but if a newbie is welcome, mac and cheese certainly sounds like a perfect place to start.

Let me know if I have to prick a finger or take a blood oath.

MySiuMai

(another West Seattleite)

Welcome MySiuMai! All of us were newbies once. The mac & cheese event is an excellent venue for your debut. No poking body parts, body fluids or other forms of hazing that I know of. Come on over and be apart of the fun. We look forward to meeting you. BYW I am so excited about this event. Thanks again Lauren for hosting. :blush: wl

Hello MySiuMai - I have only been to a handful of "events" but I have to tell you this group is warm, welcoming and they love "the food". WELCOME!!!!

Is it February 11th, yet?? Mmmm...this event will be carbo-liscious. I think I will deviate a bit (being a deviant and all) :rolleyes: and bring a dessert. I was thinking poached pears, perhaps....something "light" to bring us out of the starch-induced coma. See you all then! Nanc

Akemashite Omedito..., Gung Hay Fat Choy, Happy New Years. I think that it is time to start consolidating who is bringing what, who might be really attending, etc. There seems to be great momentum for this event. I am really excited that we are going to do this. The following list is not written in stone as I know that people may possibly change their minds.

Folks bringing "Mac & Cheese":

Lauren - Green Chili, providing venue & recipes for those who may need them

Rocky - Chili Mac

MG Apicus - his own wonderful version

Gourmet Lights - Scott's (of Blue Onion & Fork) recipe

Little Miss Foodie - Martha Stewart's

Girl Chow - Christopher Kimball (Cook's Illustrated)

Those bringing "Something other than Mac & Cheese":

white lotus, plus friend - Pelegrino and other non-alcoholic beverages, big green salad, 8 folding chairs, may also bring veg. crudites/relish plate

Artzygirl - poached pears or possible other dessert

Fwed - something yummy, possibly sweet

Della - To be decided

MySiuMai

Undecided as to attending:

Schielke & Mrs (?)

Srhch (?)

It would be nice to hear confirmation of attendence numbers as dining space

at Lauren's is limited. We may have to take a wait list once critical mass is reached.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

:wub: wl

I would like to come, too. What time is this party? Depending on the time, hubby might come too.

I'll bring some Collard Greens w/smoked ham hocks to help round out the meal. Also some sparkling water/non alcoholic diet beverages.

Greg and I are confirmed - I will post my dish in a day or so - still deciding............ :wub:

Somebody should do deconstructed mac n' cheese....oh, wait...wrong get-together...

I guess thinking about attending is not the same as posting re: same. The date is on my calendar and we plan to be there with Guy Savoy's Overnight Mac and Cheese. Will follow this thread to see if anything else is needed.

I'll be there for sure...probably not with poached pears now but some other dessert. Looking forward to seeing you all again! :wub: Nanc