The Olympics

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else see the blond skater from Finland?...Wow!...looks like Tiger's wife.

The NBC skating announcers are so god-awful, why do they bring them back every time the Olympics roll around? When did Dick Button turn into such a bitch? There have to be other announcers/analysts available.

Anyone else see the blond skater from Finland?...Wow!...looks like Tiger's wife.

The NBC skating announcers are so god-awful, why do they bring them back every time the Olympics roll around? When did Dick Button turn into such a bitch? There have to be other announcers/analysts available.

She's a dog, huh? :unsure:

As for the announcers, I completely agree with you. They have too many commentators. The play-by-play guy keeps his mouth shut and Scott Hamilton keeps it pretty technical, but Dick Button and Sandra Bezic say a lot of goofy things. "Some people skate to Romeo & Juliet, but she [sasha Cohen] is Juliet!" -- Uh, what?

I'm not up on the names, but the announcers were incredibly nasty in their comments about a skater who'd made it to the games I think 3 times and is about to retire. One of them said something like, "She'd improve her program if she put some imagination, just some thought, into it" and on and on.

Julia Mancuso takes gold in the Giant Slalom.  Good for her.

Picabo Street slammed Mancuso on the Today show. Called her 'unprofessional' and 'immature,' saying she had some growing up to do. Finished with, 'Lose the tiara,' referring to the costume crown Mancuso wore in one of her races. Street was critical of the entire US Alpine team though.

Pretty harsh. Wonder what the back story there is...

I'm not up on the names, but the announcers were incredibly nasty in their comments about a skater who'd made it to the games I think 3 times and is about to retire. One of them said something like, "She'd improve her program if she put some imagination, just some thought, into it" and on and on.

That, among the myriad other such remarks inspired my "when did Dick Button turn into such a bitch?", question. He used to be pretty harmless, but really went out of his way to be nasty this time around.

That announcer would be Miss Dick Button. He is the nastiest commentator I know, but he does know his stuff. He always seems to have an agenda. At his age, I am surprised that he is the Simon Cowell of the dowdy set.

How glad am I that Mr. Mean Teeth, Chad Hedcase, didn't get a gold?

I don't care what anyone here says, he is a bastard.

Happy birthday to Mongo.

MY OLYMPICS

1. Dick Buttons is a nasty little prince. (ess)

2. Bode Miller sucks. It might be about "bringing energy and a love of the sport to the games". But, You didn't bring anything, Miller...you STRADDLED THE GATE!!!

3 That Speedie kid, the arial skier who tried the Hurricane, HE brought energy to

the games, he tried to further the sport, he's the spirit I want there, not Bode's.

4. Yay Shani, who was a knockout in interviews after all the event were over..and I love those little flat people.

5. yay Ohno, desired and deserved.

6. I'm still a bit mad at Jacobellis, but its fading..I mean, she's 20. My daughter didn't even grasp the laundry concept of separating whites from darks at 20 years old, so I am softening and cutting her some slack. And snowboard cross is very cool.

7. Kwan should have dropped out before she went. Emily does look a bit like a ferret. I can't comment on figure skating. Other than the brunette Dane and Sasha Cohen, their outfits were all too ugly for me to concentrate on the skating.

8. The coverage sucked. And, its nearly impossible to avoid the results.

FYI, if one of my friends is a gay man who is gayer than gay, and funnier than funny, and if HE calls him "Miss Dick Buttons," and in fact, Dick Buttons is a catty old queen, then that's that.

Dick Buttons almost died from a heart attack. He was assaulted, too.

His commentary is good, but always skewed. He's like Mr. Blackwell. He is CATTY.

So if I used DG's (that's the friend) own phrase, and no one on earth could accuse him of gay-bashing, then so what.

It isn't gay bashing. Good grief. It's what's there.