Talbots to buy J. Jill

When I was first getting to know the man who is now my husband, I asked him to describe his parents to me. He said his mother was great, very outgoing, kind of a chatterbox, and dressed “kind of Talbots-y”.

And he says he's not very wordly.

They go together like a navy blazer and a black watch plaid pleated skirt.

More like a navy blazer with a calf-length teal crushed-velvet lettuce-edge elastic-waist sheath skirt.

I've been very happy with things I've gotten from J. Jill. I have no use for Talbot's.

I think they would have a positive, moderating influence on each other. I don't actually have any clothes from either, but my neighbor the retired ballet dancer loves J. Jill. She's very elegant in her own unique and casual way.

but my neighbor the retired ballet dancer loves J. Jill. She's very elegant in her own unique and casual way.

i love J.Jill stuff - it reminds me so much of Israeli boutiques :blush: and this is something i wish i could wear :sigh: - unfortunately it's so not my style - i'm doomed to Banana.

J.Jill is for wanna-be hippie preppies, not that that necessarily describes you. I think it's a good match.

My mother wears a lot of J. Jill, so I always think of it as clothes for middle-aged art teachers. I'm not tall or slim enough to look good in any of their styles.

My mother wears a lot of J. Jill, so I always think of it as clothes for middle-aged art teachers.

I think that describes their aesthetic precisely.

In a way, J.Jill is a budget version of Eileen Fisher. Edit: Well, it used to be more that way - the stuff I just saw online is a bit more earthy.

Eileen Fisher is for willowy middle-aged women with negligible breasts. It goes well with large pieces of jewelry from a museum shop.

My mother wears a lot of J. Jill, so I always think of it as clothes for middle-aged art teachers.

I think that describes their aesthetic precisely.

In a way, J.Jill is a budget version of Eileen Fisher. Edit: Well, it used to be more that way - the stuff I just saw online is a bit more earthy.

Eileen Fisher is for willowy middle-aged women with negligible breasts. It goes well with large pieces of jewelry from a museum shop.

Where as Talbot's shopper's have real jewelery. Perhaps a few pieces of silver, for fun, but otherwise gold, platinum and pearls.

J. Jill and Talbots have one thing in common: their clothing is easy to wear, coordinated, , sold as "ensembles" so it might be a good fit. Although I feel Talbot's has better quality, so I hope it doesn't compromise that. Talbot's jackets and pants can last years and years.

Jewelry from a museum shop can be real jewelry, ya know.

And I always envisage big bold brooches a la Madeleine Albright on those Talbots jackets... yellow metal encrusted with colorful rhinestones. Patriotic themes preferably.