Grrr.....just sit me down in a medical waiting room (especially a busy large practice), have a few people in white coats walk briskly past me every few minutes, have some other white coats standing around giggling, have medical techies walk around with brown paper bags containing food, add a dash of computer malfunctions and stymied looks on the faces of receptionists, ignore me for 30 minutes......AND WATCH OUT. I'm bigger and better than Mount Etna.

Grrr.....just sit me down in a medical waiting room (especially a busy large practice), have a few people in white coats walk briskly past me every few minutes, have some other white coats standing around giggling, have medical techies walk around with brown paper bags containing food, add a dash of computer malfunctions and stymied looks on the faces of receptionists, ignore me for 30 minutes......AND WATCH OUT. I'm bigger and better than Mount Etna.

C'mon Rosie, details on what you did.

This is an interesting subject. Jean Shepherd, one of my beacons of truth, wrote a story about the monster that lives within everyone, and what happens when it is let out. The movie "A Christmas Story" dramatizes that in the scene when little Ralphie Parker is driven over the edge by Skut Farkas, the school bully, and he explodes and nearly beats the big bully to death while screaming every bad word he ever knew.

Shepherd contends that we are all capable of exploding in uncontrollable rage and violence when the right circumstances come together.

When people ride their bicycles on the busy sidewalks, I am filled with rage that makes me want to push them over or stick a metal spike between their spokes. "Critical Mass" makes me insane with rage.

Edit to add: I love bicycles and cycling. These people are simply self-involved jerks, which pisses me off in any context, but especially when I, as a pedestrian, cannot cross the damn street when I'm trying to walk home, because of a bunch of thugs on their hobbyhorses which they use to promote their own self esteem. Bah.

Edit again to add: I do not drive a car.

Edited by Squeat Mungry

you'd better not eat the last piece of chocolate cake. beeyotch.

and just so that we're clear: "i don't like no one touching my stuff. so just keep your meathooks off. if i catch any of you guys in my stuff, i'll kill you. and i don't like nobody touching me. any of you homos touch me, and i'll kill you."

Grrr.....just sit me down in a medical waiting room (especially a busy large practice), have a few people in white coats walk briskly past me every few minutes, have some other white coats standing around giggling, have medical techies walk around with brown paper bags containing food, add a dash of computer malfunctions and stymied looks on the faces of receptionists, ignore me for 30 minutes......AND WATCH OUT.  I'm bigger and better than Mount Etna.

C'mon Rosie, details on what you did.

Standing, shrieking and going through doors marked staff only yelling some or all of:

You're paid to be here I HAVE A LIFE.

DID YOU LOSE MY PAPERWORK???? HUH? HUH????

This is the worst run practice IN THE STATE OF NY.

I've been waiting for an hour for a test that takes FIVE GODDAM MINUTES.

They always say the same thing: Please have a seat. So I stand in the middle of the room. Don't think this doesn't work. I don't do it just for the effect, I am truly beside myself. I get this way when I feel there is incompetence or ridiculous scheduling with no regard for anything other than making the most money, or a staff that is more interested in Valentine's Day than in doing their job........don't get me started.

I have a deep seeded irrational dislike of waiting at a deli counter. I can't stand how people order their meats, I can't stand how slow the counter people are, I can't stand holding onto that little ticket until called...I am not an outward monster, but inwardly I am on fire.