WNYC acquires The Bob Edwards Show

The NY Times reports that the former NPR broadcaster will host a new radio show on Saturday afternoons, beginning next week. The show will be produced by XM Satellite, which also produces the Jonathan Schwartz four hour show immediately ahead of it. Bob Edwards will continue his weekday XM show, from which the new show is drawn.

Bob Edwards

Edited by Rail Paul

XM radio is simply great, I love it...Edwards' morning show contains some of the best interviewing on radio. I'm sure the 1 hour show will be interesting, but I encourage anyone who can to subscribe to xm.

XM radio is simply great, I love it...Edwards' morning show contains some of the best interviewing on TV. I'm sure the 1 hour show will be interesting, but I encourage anyone who can to subscribe to xm.

Kim, are there major differences between the subscription radio services? I'm very tempted...

XM radio is simply great, I love it...Edwards' morning show contains some of the best interviewing on TV. I'm sure the 1 hour show will be interesting, but I encourage anyone who can to subscribe to xm.

Kim, are there major differences between the subscription radio services? I'm very tempted...

My name ain't Kim, but XM has Bob Edwards and Sirius has Howard Stern. Draw your own conclusions.

My name ain't Kim, but XM has Bob Edwards and Sirius has Howard Stern. Draw your own conclusions.

XM also has Jonathan Schwartz.

The new WNYC radio Saturday format will have the XM supplied Bob Edwards show following the XM supplied Schwartz program.

re: subscription rates

I suspect the two are very competitive in rates..perhaps 2 or 3 bucks difference per month.

I can't comment much about Sirous, as I have never listened to it..and the Stern connection is to me, like Ranitdine, an XM selling point.

XM has Air america, and I enjoy Franken's spin. Oprah is coming soon, FWIW, but mostly I love Frank's Place, (a 40/50's lounge music station) , the jazz station, the bluegrass and Folk stations, and NPR. Also great to have CNN for breaking news.

I must admit I am not sure of the cost..3 of our cars have it, plus we have the converter to hoo,k it up to ur home system, , but our reception here in the sticks is not good enough to enjoy it clearly. ( The real issue is that our home is stone, and the antennae can't be easily mounted to a window that faces a direction with a clear signal. We had to hardwire our house..wireless connections don't permeate the stone, and we even have interior stone walls) I'll try to find a statemement..I THINK it was in the $10 per month range..perhaps $129 per year?

The NY Times reports that the former NPR broadcaster will host a new radio show on Saturday afternoons, beginning next week. The show will be produced by XM Satellite, which also produces the Jonathan Schwartz four hour show immediately ahead of it. Bob Edwards will continue his weekday XM show, from which the new show is drawn.

Bob Edwards

Correction: WNYC didn't "hire" Bob Edwards. They are simply carrying his program. Big difference.

Bob Edwards

Correction: WNYC didn't "hire" Bob Edwards. They are simply carrying his program. Big difference.

Please use your admin powers to change the title

How about "WNYC acquires Bob Edwards show"?