Great photos Alice & Roz. The Dashe LH Zin in one of Roz's photos is outstanding. Served it at many dinner parties. Still have a few bottles of the 06 left.

The Dashe LH Zin in one of Roz's photos is outstanding. Been served it at many of Rich's dinner parties. He still has a few bottles of the 06 left so I guess I'm going for dinner again :) .

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very good $48 prix fixe lunch at Le Bernardin. We had ordered the 24 hour advance notice red snapper (for two people). It is cooked in a salt and breadcrumb crust; presented dramatically, tableside,

If I remember corectly: milk chocolate crème brûlée on the bottom, maple caramel on top finished with caramel foam and maldon salt

I guess I'd lend mine to Champale. After all it is the champagne of ales*.       *Ales in this case referring to malt liquor of course.

Great photos Alice & Roz.

The Dashe LH Zin in one of Roz's photos is outstanding. Served it at many dinner parties. Still have a few bottles of the 06 left.

How I wish they were my photos! We were at Le Bernardin with u.e. I didn't bring my little point-and-click, preferring to leave the photography to the Master. :)

Wow. Thanks for reminding me why I don't read Chowhound.

Recent Chowhound posters haven't done so well here, have they? ellenost lasted all of five minutes before getting utterly eviscerated by the lawyer contingent.

That review was very entertaining. Maybe I should read Chowhound more often. I love how over and over again they bend over backwards to try to accomodate him but he still complains. But we should probably give the guy a break given that he has all those Italian children "engrained" inside him. Must be hard to please them all.

Recent Chowhound posters haven't done so well here, have they? ellenost lasted all of five minutes before getting utterly eviscerated by the lawyer contingent.

You have to admit that was a pretty embarrassing mistake, though. It'd be bad enough from a well-informed layperson with a passing interest in the topic, let alone a self-proclaimed lawyer.

You guys are indeed an intimidating and somewhat scary group -- sort of like entering a posh and private club uninvited. Even if I'm reluctant to share an opinion (for fear of humiliation in one way or another, since I'm not a full fledged member), I do like reading the posts on this site.

You have to admit that was a pretty embarrassing mistake, though. It'd be bad enough from a well-informed layperson with a passing interest in the topic, let alone a self-proclaimed lawyer.

Oh, you're talking about that "free speech" thing? I thought that was well within reasonable limits.... but it is true that this group is a tough crowd and I've felt the board has been hostile to outsiders on occasion. This has little to do with Chowhound, though. Lex, among others, still regularly participates there, doesn't he?

You guys are indeed an intimidating and somewhat scary group -- sort of like entering a posh and private club uninvited. Even if I'm reluctant to share an opinion (for fear of humiliation in one way or another, since I'm not a full fledged member), I do like reading the posts on this site.

everybody was uninvited at some point.

Oh, you're talking about that "free speech" thing? I thought that was well within reasonable limits.... but it is true that this group is a tough crowd and I've felt the board has been hostile to outsiders on occasion. This has little to do with Chowhound, though. Lex, among others, still regularly participates there, doesn't he?

Lex and Steve R.

We are a tough crowd admittedly. Too tough at times. Not tough enough others.

11,000 posts and counting. Steve R. too. And Deb. And Rozrapp.

Yes, it can be a tough crowd. Making the move from CH is like going from AA ball to the major leagues. It's a big jump. Some people are ready right away, others need a little time to get acclimated. Some don't make it at all, either because they become intimidated or they prefer the conversation at CH.

To give CH it's due, there's no site that covers ethnic food in the depth that they do. There are plenty of knowledgeable posters on that site. They might not know much about Le Bernardin but they know banh mi and pho.