actually, i spend a lot of time now on a whisky forum. you'll never believe it but it was set up by a bunch of people who got run off another established whisky forum for being "troublemakers".

so he's already driving you to drink.

They set up the baby seat behind the steering wheel? :blink:

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very good $48 prix fixe lunch at Le Bernardin. We had ordered the 24 hour advance notice red snapper (for two people). It is cooked in a salt and breadcrumb crust; presented dramatically, tableside,

If I remember corectly: milk chocolate crème brûlée on the bottom, maple caramel on top finished with caramel foam and maldon salt

I guess I'd lend mine to Champale. After all it is the champagne of ales*.       *Ales in this case referring to malt liquor of course.

The Chowhound review of Le B mentioned earlier in the thread is a great read.

It really is. The OP is taking some real hits and the CH mods are letting them stay up.

One of my favorite responses -

"It's funny. I was struck while reading the OP with the thought, "I wonder what he would think if he saved this and read it in ten years."

I had the same thought when I read the 6,500 word review on the train last night.

The Chowhound review of Le B mentioned earlier in the thread is a great read.

It really is. The OP is taking some real hits and the CH mods are letting them stay up.

Several of the nastier replies were scrubbed away. gutsofsteel went on a bit of a tirade, though I don't blame him.

I commented that since the OP's favorite restaurants are steakhouses, the lighter dishes at Le B would not be to his liking. Naturally, that post was removed too.

One of my favorite responses -

"It's funny. I was struck while reading the OP with the thought, "I wonder what he would think if he saved this and read it in ten years."

I had the same thought when I read the 6,500 word review on the train last night.

ellenost has you beat. She was reading that torturously long review during her meal at Joël Robuchon LV. What ever happened to eating out for simple pleasure?

Then again, she is an attorney. Who am I to judge?

The clean-up job done on that CH thread is remarkable.

I wonder, are the mods compensated (aside from the power kick)?

Once the site was purchased some mods started receiving salaries.