anywhere to eat near colorado mills?

I don't shop over that way very often, but as I remember there are several chains in the center across the street from Colo. Mills itself.

Not too far away at 6th and Sims/Union are 2 really good places IMO. I have never been dissapointed in 240 Union(open for lunch and dinner M/F and dinner Sat/Sun. Cafe Bisque in the same strip center a few doors down is also good and is open for Breakfast, Lunch and some dinners. The breakfast and lunch dishes a very good, I have not eaten dinner there.

Having said this I am sure the dreaded "MONGO CURSE' will strike if you eat there and something will go wrong. LOL

Good luck

colestove

Not too far away at 6th and Sims/Union are 2 really good places IMO.  I have never been dissapointed in 240 Union(open for lunch and dinner M/F and dinner Sat/Sun.  Cafe Bisque in the same strip center a few doors down is also good and is open for Breakfast, Lunch and some dinners.  The breakfast and lunch dishes a very good, I have not eaten dinner there.

Having said this I am sure the dreaded "MONGO CURSE' will strike if you eat there and something will go wrong.  LOL

I agree with 240 Union, but if it's a weekend, I do like Cafe Bisque. I have been there for dinner, and it's quite good. Not quite at the level of 240 Union, which by their prices they should be, but good. Their dining room is teeny so be aware.

Closer to Golden, there are...hmm... Table Mountain Inn has good Southwestern...sometimes. Some have great experiences, others not so good. Since this is you...

Another hotel restaurant is the Bridgewater Grill. I've heard good things about it too, but I've never been.

There is the Briarwood Inn, of course, but their site is down, so I'm not sure when they are open. Fancy place, but always good when I've gone.

There is also the El Rancho. It has been both good and bad, and I'm not sure about the current version. But every Denverite seems to end up there sooner or later, like The Fort and Casa Bo.

i should have asked yesterday--but it was a game-time decision to go. missed all the recommendations and ended up at panda express. orange chicken and firecracker chicken with steamed rice. a more detailed review available on request.

cafe bisque sounds like it would have been too fancy. we were looking for something causal. will try the pizza place next time. i vaguely remembered rlm mentioning it in the past but nothing came up in searches for golden, lakewood or colorado mills.

Cafe Bisque is pretty casual. It's in a strip mall, forgodssake. I've only been there for lunch, but it wasn't "fancy." Really good lobster sandwich.

Lori's the one that told us about The Oven. We've been several times and love it. Try this link for info on the Belmar restaurants/shops:

Belmar Colorado

if it makes you feel any better, the colorado school of mines is not very far away from it.

The Colorado School of Mines' claim to fame: churning out engineers that make six figures, live in their parents' basements, and aren't used to speaking to members of the opposite sex unless they are first asked, "Will that be Visa or Mastercard?" How do I know this? I work with many of them. :unsure:

The Colorado School of Mines' claim to fame: churning out engineers that make six figures, live in their parents' basements, and aren't used to speaking to members of the opposite sex unless they are first asked, "Will that be Visa or Mastercard?" How do I know this? I work with many of them. :unsure:

in what context do you usually ask them that question?

The Colorado School of Mines' claim to fame: churning out engineers that make six figures, live in their parents' basements, and aren't used to speaking to members of the opposite sex unless they are first asked, "Will that be Visa or Mastercard?" How do I know this? I work with many of them.  :unsure:

in what context do you usually ask them that question?

RLM furnishes basements.