What are you watching?

hollywood10

Crashing Eid on Netflix. It's a rom com but so much more. 
It also has all the things and addresses racism, feminism, toxic masculinity, divorce, changing culture and norms, different forms of abuse - family, domestic, family relationships, toxic family members,

1 hour ago, bloviatrix said:

Season 2 of Julia on HBO, which they've been dropping with absolutely no fanfare. Delightful. Although I'm doubtful of the veracity.

i'm looking forward to sitting down with it. they took a lot of dramatic license in the first season, so i'm not surprised that they continue. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

A film that works you over but is well worth it is "Anatomy of a Fall" from France.  You might quibble with courtroom scenes that emphasize dramatic revelations over compliance with rules of procedure and evidence but it's all done with amazing skill.  Available in some theatres and on Prime.  Excellent in either format.

Edited by hollywood10
  • Like 1

Past Lives had a bunch of nominations, won nothing, but it was the one movie last year I really wanted to see, did see, and loved. But it’s the kind of cinema I love.

I did see The Holdovers which was fine.

True Detective: Night Country on HBO.  With amazing Jodie Foster (whose character does not like the Beatles, Wilf).  Somewhat like TD, season one. A tiny bit of "Alaska Daily."  With a dollop of "Twin Peaks" based on episode one of six.  So which of various murders will be solved, if any?  The film has a blue-green tint like Fuji film as opposed to idk (?) Kodachrome.  Alaska is a cold place (though this was filmed in Iceland).  Curious that one character drinks Lone Star Beer.