Visiting Denver April 2 and 3, 2006

I'll be staying with Paul at his conference, but I don't have to go to any conference stuff. What's neat to see on Sunday and Monday? I definitely want to see the black hole exhibit, but otherwise ???

Also, dinners Sunday and Monday? I may get a car so we're mobile. And of course, I hope to get together with some of the MFers there. ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be staying with Paul at his conference, but I don't have to go to any conference stuff. What's neat to see on Sunday and Monday? I definitely want to see the black hole exhibit, but otherwise ???

Also, dinners Sunday and Monday? I may get a car so we're mobile. And of course, I hope to get together with some of the MFers there. ;)

Where are you staying?

there are a number of john elway car dealerships that you should visit. other cultural locations of note include the wonderbread factory and the hunter s. thompson compound.

Don't forget Elway's Steakhouse and the new Elway line of furniture.

whoops! i completely forgot about this. what days are the 2nd and 3rd again? i know the 3rd is probably out for me, due to heavy departmental obligations in the afternoon and evening. but perhaps we could try to organize something on the 2nd. (a sunday, right?)

whoops! i completely forgot about this. what days are the 2nd and 3rd again? i know the 3rd is probably out for me, due to heavy departmental obligations in the afternoon and evening. but perhaps we could try to organize something on the 2nd. (a sunday, right?)

April 2; a Sunday. . .

works for me.

That was snarkiness??? :P Not to a NY MFer. :P :D

Anyway . . . staying at Marriott Tech Center. Arriving around noon, Sunday, April 2.

Paul's conference is a mix of civil servants and academics, so they are not particularly interested in good food, but Paul is. :D I should be able to pull him away in the evenings.

Anyway . . . staying at Marriott Tech Center. Arriving around noon, Sunday, April 2.

Paul's conference is a mix of civil servants and academics, so they are not particularly interested in good food, but Paul is. :P I should be able to pull him away in the evenings.

Well, it's a good thing they aren't that interested in good food. There isn't a lot right near there that's popping up in my head. The Original Pancake House and Del Frisco Steak House are the only two I can think of in the Tech Center. Maybe Michelle's for some ice cream.

I think a rental car is a necessity if you want good food. Then a lot more opens up depending on how far you like to drive.

Okay, cool. I figured I'd need a car anyway, since I expect to play while Paul is slaving. And I love to drive. (Darn, though -- this means very little alcohol consumption; I remember the first time I was there I didn't realize the effects would be amplified . . . no disasters, but :P )

Guess I'd better get some new maps; my Denver map still shows Stapleton as the airport.

Maybe Michelle's for some ice cream.

Michelle's is closed according to today's Nibbles in the Rocky:

Nibbles

Taxis are always an option if you want to have adult drinks. Or light rail (since it's mainly in the southern area of Denver anyway).

So what could we do for a group meal on Sunday the 2nd?

Guess I'd better get some new maps; my Denver map still shows Stapleton as the airport.

Wow, that is pretty old. In that case, go eat at the DTC Broker. Nothing says old-fashioned in Denver dining like the Broker.