ahr

Burgers in NY

I still haven't found one that I like better all-around (style, price, location, consistency) than Brindle Room.  But I haven't been there in a while and the chef now works at Mister Paradise (though I'm not sure I ever saw the chef in the kitchen the many times I have been there, and it's been remarkably consistent).

Cervo's lamb burger is usually very good, but not a burger. Had better and worse versions at Fat Raddish but wouldn't go out of my way for it. Definitely time for Frenchette to put a burger on the menu.

• Like 1

Cervo's lamb burger is usually very good, but not a burger. Had better and worse versions at Fat Raddish but wouldn't go out of my way for it. Definitely time for Frenchette to put a burger on the menu.

Agreed about Cervo's - have you been to Fat Radish in the recent past, cause I haven't and have no idea what's on the menu.

Two weeks ago I bought a lamb shoulder at Essex Market (from the old school butcher), and had it ground. Made a whole mess of lamb burgers, heavily seasoned, middle eastern style.

Pan fried, in cast iron, they've been great.

And like a week or so ago, uptown J.G. Melon was a very well made burger. Downtown's is nowhere near as good.

Katja's burger actually isn't bad, but I don't like the brioche bun.

For some reason [because it's a Downtown bistro?] I presumed Frenchette served a burger, just not on the menu.

That Foxface patty melt is killer, assuming it's the same as the one from a few months ago.

Sivan and one of my oldest friends had an exchange about whether or not is was a "burger". Guess who was right?  (Hint, not the guy who grew up eating nothing but grilled cheese.)

I'm a sucker for dry aged beef (which the last one was), but the wagyu version had its own fatty advantages. 

Brindle Room has been my answer, but I too haven’t been there in a while. I think it’s more burger like than the Minetta patty, and obviously cheaper.

You snooze, the wagyu patty melt sells out. (which I think it just did)

Am I wrong or is $13 a steal for those ingredients?

what they're not telling you is that the meat in question is maltese beef also known as "wag-you", if you know what i mean.

• Like 1