• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summer is coming, time for new shoes - what did you get? what do you desire?

Australians consider thongs infra dig as well. They are beach shoes I was told rather sniffily.

Click.

After my recent bunion surgery...no more heels of significance for me. The stats on women who develop such problems, as a result of wearing heels, are sobering.

Heels are more problematic, yes, but the biggest offenders are ill-fitting shoes of any sort. I don't buy shoes that do not fit and are not comfortable to walk in no matter how pretty I think them. I think too many women ignore this and try to convince themselves that if the shoes are uncomfortable in the store they will be better after breaking them in, but no amount of breaking in helps if they don't fit to begin with.

A couple of years ago I had a platform sandal by Wolky that was extremely comfortable. Nevertheless, there was a peculiar problem with them. I can't quite figure it out, but I think it has to do with the height of the platform. I fell a number of times while wearing them, right on my knees. I still have twinges if I kneel, although not as badly as before. I fell only when wearing these shoes and I've thrown them out.

Much as I claim to be totally unfashionable, I have my moments. When I'm not gardening or doing sports, I live in these all summer long:

Naot Tampa.

They're so, so comfortable – that top part is very elastic fabric. In fact, I like them so much that whn it looked like they were going to be discontinued, I bought two more pairs.

A couple of years ago I had a platform sandal by Wolky that was extremely comfortable. Nevertheless, there was a peculiar problem with them. I can't quite figure it out, but I think it has to do with the height of the platform. I fell a number of times while wearing them, right on my knees. I still have twinges if I kneel, although not as badly as before. I fell only when wearing these shoes and I've thrown them out.

I had a pair of those; cute, yet functional, easy on my feet, but they KILLED my knees. It was as though there was give in the material of the platform, and my knee joints moved around too much. I, too, gave them the heave-ho.

Within the last week or so, I read an article about the problems with wedge heels and what to look for when shopping for a pair. Now, if I could only remember where the article was so I could provide a link.

I've got my eye on some Sigerson Morrison wedges,

Are they the ones on Zappos page? I love the brown ones. Was going between those and something more clunky.

yes, they are these here: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/8044186/c/55167.html

I'm thinking about chunkier wedges as well, maybe in a cork heel or something but haven't seen any great specimens yet.

I tried those shoes on the other day--they are fabulous. Very pretty, quite comfortable, come in forest green suede and in silver kid as well.

They are wedges and they are not ugly. :P