Guest Aaron T

difara

Nice little piece. It's clearly a labor of love. I note that the word "chowhound" seems to have entered the language, for good or ill. :lol:

Incidentally, because it hardly merits its own thread, I had a slice at Patsy's in East Harlem for the first time. Good crust - bubbly and charred - but the topping was nothing to rave about (it was a plain slice, but even so...).

Interesting question. I think we have to concede the pre-existence of the term "mouthful".

I think we have to concede the pre-existence of the term "mouthful".

Really ? Whaddat mean ? Is we talking Clintonese here ?

It's a lovely article. You can hear the man saying the words, and he sounds exactly like my late grandfather :lol:

I will maybe get there finally next week ...

No! I haven't eaten there yet. However, I noticed today that a branch is opening at the corner of West Houston and Macdougal, where Aggie's diner used to be. Anyone know anything about this?

Hey, Omni, you're friends with these people. Please tell them they are out of their fucking minds if they allow this guy to dilute their good name. When I think about all the people who come to me and want to sue over nothing. This is grounds for an action for a permanent injunction. (By the way, I'm not soliciting business. I don't do this sort of work.)

There are rumors flying all over the place. Don't believe anything yet. I'll let the situation chill out, and I'll call Dom and/or Maggie on Monday and find out what's going on.

Bear in mind that this is a family with plenty of issues. Who knows.

If SliceNYC is correct, I wouldn't be surprised. ranitidine, when I finally get you there, you'll see why.

It's someone stealing the DiFara's good name!  It's a fake and a phoney.

The Slice article does not pass a basic sniff test, and there is almost certainly something going on within the family. The story as reported is absurd. At this point, they are circling the wagons, regrouping, and putting out some crude disinformation, which Slice appears to be buying without some obvious and necessary scepticism.

I have absolutely no inside information, so I am going out on my own limb here.

You may very well be right, marcus. Knowing that family and some of the issues, anything is possible. But as I said earlier, even the SliceNYC story might be true. We really don't know.

Guest Aaron T
You may very well be right, marcus. Knowing that family and some of the issues, anything is possible. But as I said earlier, even the SliceNYC story might be true. We really don't know.

I couldn't find the DiFara's reference on the linked site. Could someone who read it post the substance of the story? Pretty please with fresh mozzarela on top.

The Slicey NY posts were pulled off the front page yesterday but you could still get to the original page if you had the direct URL. But now those pages are gone too. Which says to me there's more to this story.

You may very well be right, marcus.  Knowing that family and some of the issues, anything is possible.  But as I said earlier, even the SliceNYC story might be true.  We really don't know.

I couldn't find the DiFara's reference on the linked site. Could someone who read it post the substance of the story? Pretty please with fresh mozzarela on top.

Someone who's probably not entirely without connection to the family operating DiFara's is opening a manhattan (soho?) location. Everyone involved seems to be lying about it. I guess that's about it.

Orik that's completely unfair. All we know is that somebody is using the DiFara name on a place in Manhattan. SliceNYC interviewed the family who told them that these people came to them asking for help, and then turned around and used their name. We have no idea if that's true, or some variation on it is true, or whether a part of the family is involved and another part is not...we just don't know. We don't know if anybody is lying or not.