difara

Guest Aaron T

Don't most nyc slice places use product that's far worse still?

who knows what really in that can

That's not the can that your comment usually refers to there.

"Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For years, Dom has quietly tried to discourage slice orders. He's a good businessman so he, at first, kept the pie price at $24 or so but raised the slice price to $5 (yes, there are 8 slices/pie).

new park in howard beach, but i've only had it as take out. i don't wander around howard beach without an armed detail. i also like la rondine and dani's in kew gardens. 3 very different slices.

I was just about to say that same thing. Time flies, indeed.

I believe he was accused of pretending to go to Difara's. He posted that he went but Dom wasn't working (which would mean Difara's was closed) - or something like that. You can imagine who was leading the charge.

Thanks. I don't know how I missed that. That must have been fun to watch.

26286499416_9c8ddf2315_b.jpg

I go back to the eGullet days but I'm afraid my recollections of Suvir and Difara's are pretty hazy. Could somebody fill in the background?

in the e gullet outcast thread "she who cannot be named" gave her own account.

WNYC just reran the Sporkful episode as part of ATC. Oh no not again.

Paul's reaction was "Dick Larson [sp?] is still working? His work was behind some stuff Rand did for the City in the Lindsay days" (i.e., the late 1960s). I remember learning some of his theories (use a S line) at B-school in 1988-90.

It did not make me any more likely to go.

• 2 months later...

http://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/brooklyn-pizza-institution-delivers-first-time-50-years

Famed Brooklyn pizzeria Di Fara Pizza - legendary for its long waits and hangry lines - is now offering delivery for the first time in its 50-year history. Almost the entire menu is available to a delivery area stretching from Ditmas Park to Bay Ridge via UberEats from noon to 5 p.m.