[SEA] Anita & Cameron coming: May 6 & 7

I have to go into the maybe column for Saturday taco crawl, as I'm pretty sure I can't make it by 11am. I would be able to join up maybe closer to 12:30pm or 1pm, but won't know where you are by then.

I am free Sunday for Seven Stars Pepper. What time?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to pass on the taco crawl too. Just too many things to get done this weekend.

I will see everyone at Seven Stars Pepper on Sunday though.

11 at Carniceria El Paisano sounds good to us, and it will be nice to see our California friends again and get caught up. Will bring many dollar bills and an empty tummy.

Can you remind us uninitiated where the place is?

Is this the spot?

Carniceria El Paisano

9629 15th SW

Seattle, WA 98106

Matthew is planning to meet up for the crawl, and suggests perhaps a stop at the Mexican grocery in Burien? (The place Vince just recommended on egullet.)

We won't be at Seven Stars Pepper on Sunday, but I think Richard and Judy will be there. Eat well!

Good time on the Crawl today, great to see everyone. I thought the first taco truck we went to (after El Paisano) was the best. I really wanted to like the last place, but thought the tacos were sub-standard. After seeing the parilla outside, I'm really tempted to go back and have the mixed grill plate they featured on the menu.

Loved seeing everyone close to my home turf and enjoyed meeting lots of old timers for the FIRST time. Thanks to all who shared bites and encouraged me to go for the tongue taco at the second bus. (I really liked the atmosphere there. I still want to sit in the bus, at the little metal side tables, and do homework).

I think my fave was the -- oh no.... I'm going to forget what it's called---was it a motillo? The little taco with a hat and a little bit of cheese? I had a lamb one at the Burien place that had the killer creamy green salsa. Yum.

I might have to make a habit of the carneceria and the tamales. Ooooh, and right next to the best pho in West Seattle. White Center rocks!

Megan

PS: In case you missed them, the pink and green fruit-flavored SOUR MARSHMALLOWS :lol: can be found on the shelf at the carneceria.

I think my fave was the -- oh no.... I'm going to forget what it's called---was it a motillo? The little taco with a hat and a little bit of cheese? I had a lamb one at the Burien place that had the killer creamy green salsa. Yum.

Molitos :lol:

I loved the chicheron at the carneceria best, but it had some tough competition...

Thanks Vince? for sending us to Guadalupe Market - I haven't seen cucumber chili pepper popsicles since I left CA, and they are THE BEST antidote to nasty hot summer days! I also have to go back there for the meat dept & whatever my mystery taco was...

Thanks for a great afternoon everyone.

see some of y'all tomorrow!

I think we're at 14 for today's lunch at 7 Stars Pepper (2pm)

1 Anita

2 Cameron

3 Lauren

4 Rocky

5 Leslie

6 Jan

7 Gary

8 Judy

9 Richard

10 Johan

11 Steve R

12 Eden

13 Bill

14 Margaret

Seems like a good crew -- are we missing anyone?

Hubby is coming too. I'll call the restaurant to let them know there will be one more.

we don't have a reservation, so I hope that didn't confuse them :lol:

OK, now we're 16 total, for whoever gets there first.